Episode 23-Resilience

A fire lit up the darkness, revealing dust particles swirling around reflected by Kai's lambent flame.

He looked around to find himself inside the BRTM-12, with him laying Cole and the other two laying on him, stacked together.

Cole's coughing woke the others up.

"Engineered for strength and stability, am I right?" Jay nervously giggled, seeing how the windows were filled with rocks and boulders. They were buried inside.

"It appears that the explosion collapsed the subway tunnel." Zane said.

"Cole," Kai turned to him, "can you try using your powers to clear the earth away?"

The Earth Ninja caressed his sleeves, "Not sure if I can control concrete, but I'll try." He stepped to the end of the car, raising his two arms of lava. He put effort into his arms, trying his best to raise the debris. Some of them responded to his call, but many didn't consist of earth.

The car shaked, with dust falling off the ceiling and boulders rumbling outside.

"Cole!" Jay screamed, "Bad idea!"

"The tunnel is too unstable!" Zane added.

"Time to call for help." Kai said, putting on his hood, "Nya? Come in. Nya, you there?"

The three looked at him, waiting for a response.

"I'm not getting a signal." He sounded slightly irritated. The debris must have blocked their communications.

"I'm gonna be buried alive inside my favourite toy chain." Jay shivered.

"Hand me your comms, Kai." Zane said, "I'll attempt to amplify the signal."

Let's just be relieved that they were alive, at least, Kai thought as his heart pumped and pumped. The continuous breathing must be depleting the oxygen around them. Jay was right: If they didn't get out of here in time, they would actually be buried alive.

"Nothing." Zane sighed.

"It's hopeless..." Jay said.

"We don't know that." Cole snapped, "We have to keep trying."

Another tremble of debris violently shook the car, causing boulders to crush in as the ceiling started changing shape.

"It's coming down guys!" Cole used his super strength to support the collapsing ceiling.

"Look!" Zane pointed below, "There's a hatch!"

Kai immediately opened it, letting Zane and Jay pass first, "Cole come on! Get in!"

Dammit! Kai snapped as the four traversed through the crevices and cracks.

The longer they waited in here, the more danger Lloyd was in. To make matters worse, they didn't even know if Nya, Wu and the others were okay. There was a dreadful feeling seeping into his chest...

"This way!" Zane said, detecting a small space that was suitable for the four of them as they crawled their way in, regaining hope of some sort.

The rocks cracked and crumbled as Jay desperately snuck in, squealing in fear.

Kai pulled him in, just in time.

But now they were trapped in another place, with no hatch to run from...

"Bro bro goo goo..?" Jay squinted his eyes, hugging Cole tight.

"Any response from Nya?" Kai tried his best to remain calm, asking Zane.