Episode 15-Devil's Declaration

A mini van rode through the desert, arriving at Kryptarium.

"Alright," The Master of Amber exhaled, "You ready?"

"Course!" Dareth opened the van door, "I look okay right? Because I hope the guards see me as an actual lawyer, instead of some first-rate owner of a second-rate karaoke club."

Skylor giggled, "It'll be fine, Brown Ninja."

The two entered the colossal prison.

Although this visit was for Dareth's legal consultation, to Skylor, it was more than just that.

All hell was breaking loose.

"Okay guys," Dareth said as Skylor opened the door for him, "I know things look grim, but don't worry. The ol' Brown Ninja's got your back. I've been doing tons of research."

The ninja were sitting on a round table in the visit room, where they met.

"Great!" Lloyd said impatiently, "What's the plan?"

"We have to file for something called a—a—aha!" He opened his suitcase full of books and cases, "A mistrial!"

"We have grounds for a mistrial? What are they?" Zane asked curiously.

"The very real grounds that we don't like the judge's verdict." Dareth responded confidently, with a big smile on his face.

In the back of Skylor's mind, she knew it wasn't going to work. But she had to wait for Dareth to finish, so that the guards would think they were legitimately here for lawyer talk.

"I regret to inform you that is not grounds for a mistrial." Zane explained, disappointing the others.

"Huh?" Dareth looked genuinely surprised, "It isn't?"

Skylor saw that the talk was over, and quickly pulled a metal chair for a seat, laying photos on the table. "I saw the video Zane gave, he is the one who stole the Oni Mask."

"Yes, we know." Jay responded.

"Good." She said, "We need to get on the same page, because this situation is much more dire than we thought." She laid out another pile of pictures, "With the help of Wu's paperclip research, we found this."

It was a photo of a Crystal Spider.

"Just like what the cloaked guy had." Kai said.

"It was taken at the docks, when Miss Demeanor's Vengestone operation got blown." Skylor noted.

"So that confirms the two are related." Lloyd smacked his fist on his palm, "There's more to tell."

The ninja explained everything they had known. Pythor with the Crystal King, and the Kabuki Mask's threat.

"Hate to pile on the bad news, but something else happened. That King you busted in Shintaro?" She said,

"Vangelis?" Cole said

"Yeah, last night, someone or something sprang him from prison." Skylor laid another pile of photos, "The queen has ordered the pursuit, but he disappeared."

Zane stared at the cut on the ceiling. "The cut seems to be from some laser, seen from the purple glow left behind at the edges."

"Exactly." She almost snapped, "This Crystal King guy is assembling our enemies against us. And he's getting cocky enough to tell you in person."

The ninja all looked concerned. Time was running out, they only had several minutes until they were forced to leave. "We need to get out of here." Kai whispered, pointing his finger at the table.