Chapter Two- Tough Teachings

It has been a couple hours into my first time as a trainer, and quite frankly, I am impressed with some of the recruits! Most of them have full physical potential. Others, not so much.

Looking down the line at the knife-throwing area, I noticed Albert having a hard time aiming correctly. I walked over to him, hoping to contribute a helping hand.

"Hey Albert, you alright?"

Albert turned around, startled by my sudden approach, "Yeah, I'm just not very good at this kind of skill."

"I can tell," I said, standing beside him."Do you know why?"

He shook his head, an unsure expression on his face. I smiled as I reached into my holster to take out one of my own throwing knives.

"When you throw, you want to manuver it at a downward angle. The reason why it isn't a reasonable idea is because wherever your arm goes, the knife goes. Also, your not putting enough tension in your wrist to dictate the path the knife should take to hit the target. There are two ideas you want to focus on: speed and accuracy. Here, watch. This how you throw."

Just then I threw the knife without any care at a downward angle. The knife bounced off the cement floor.

"Is that really how I throw?" Albert questioned.

I nodded, "Yes."

I reached into my holster again, taking out another one of my personal knives.

"Now, come stand beside me, and follow my moves."

He positioned himself in front of the target, following the standard position.

"Since you throw with your left hand, hold your right arm out for momentum purposes. Later on you'll need to work on creating it yourself before you throw. Instead of using just our arm and leaving it loose, put a little tension throughout the arm and flick your wrist."

"Could you show me?" Albert said, telling me he was more of a visual learner.

"Sure," I said, taking his place.

Quickly getting into the position, I took a deep breath to steady my breathing.

With a quick motion of the wrist I threw the knife. An array of gasps sounded, as they saw that my knife went right through the target.

"Damn," I heard Christina say.

Turning around, I saw Eric looking at me with a blank expression. I just shrugged. I'll have someone come replace it.

I turned to Albert, "Now, you try."

Nervous, Albert set himself up, obviously nervous by my talent.

"Don't worry about my throw, I've been doing it a lot longer than you have."

Releasing his breath he threw the knife with the flick of the wrist. I smiled.

"Good job, Albert. You hit it right in the stomach area. Good spot for a fatal wound. However, you need to practice using your wrist."

I made my way over to the target, standing right in front of it.

"What are you doing?" He questioned.

"Kill me," I said blankly.

"Wh-what?"

"Throw the knife at me."

Albert shook his head, "No, not at an instructor."

I rose my eyebrows, "I am giving you an order, do you wish to defy them?"