Chapter Thirty-One- Away We Go

"Tobias Eaton?...Beatrice Prior. Hm, funny I put my trust in you," Jeanine said, looking between the Divergents.

A table was in between Jeanine and the accused, probably for the best. Four looked like he was about to rip her head off, while Tris stood with an angry expression. As for me, I stood by the entryway in which we came in, observing what was about to go down between the Divergents and Jeanine.

"I expected that of Tris, since her test results were all over the place. But you," she said while looking at Tobias, "I wouldn't have expected you of all people. Everything was perfect from your test results down to your achievement in being the number one initiate in your class. Now I wonder why you have this ability."

"You're supposed to be the genius, you tell me."

A small, irritated smile glowed from Jeanine's face. I had to say that it was an amusing sight to see her talked to like that.

"My prediction is that you should have stayed in Abnegation. You're a weaker Divergent."

Ouch, that must've hit him.

Turning around, she analyzed the computers behind her.

"Which is why you will be my first test subject."

"Don't you think you've done enough tests? You've already succeeded by turning all of Dauntless into your personal minions. What else is there to test?" Tris exclaimed.

Jeanine sighed, "That is where you're wrong. Sure, this experiment has exceeded my expectations, but this is greater. Something that only pertains to Divergents. and I need a Divergent to test it on. Bring Four with us, he will be a viable subject. As for Beatrice however... she is too much of a weakling to be put to use. Kill her."

"No!" Tobias said, lunging at Jeanine as Tris was taken out of the room. His large hands clasped around Jeanine's throat, his chewed nails trying to dig into her skin.

More Dauntless guards grabbed a hold of him and pried him off while he kept thrashing.

"Isn't that interesting?" Jeanine asked quietly, rubbing the red marks on her neck that started to appear.

"What?" Four asked venomously.

"That you freaked out when Tris was to be killed, but you didn't seem to mind that Adelaide betrayed you."

"I have hope that Adelaide wouldn't betray me. She isn't like that."

"I wouldn't be so sure," she said to him as they dragged him out of the room to the cars that awaited outside.

His brown eyes looked at me in desperation, asking me to put whatever it was I had in mind to action. However, I couldn't do that yet. I had to wait, and start the plan with Tris instead of him. It was the only other option.

I mouthed to him: 'Not yet.'

As Four was shoved into the car, Tris was pushed down and held at gunpoint. I joined the circle, as if I was about to do the executing. She looked at me with pleading eyes that begged for a way out.

I have Tris a smile before I took action.

I waited until the car was gone before I shot one of the Dauntless guards across from me in the arm. He screeched, dropping his own gun and holding his shoulder. The one next to me came at me immediately, trying to hit me in the head with his gun. Before he could I grabbed his wrist and twisted it, hearing a crack sound. He yelled and tried to kick me in the side, but I ducked out of the way and kicked him in the back, sending him to hit the mud beneath him. I shot him in both of his shoulders, letting him deal with agonizing pain.