Chapter Five- The Morning of Station Day

"Listen up!" Eric yelled, his voice booming throughout the training room.

All of the initiates, including the Dauntless-born, gravitated towards him. As he spoke about usual training procedures, I felt Four's breath hit my ear.

"I heard you made Eric squeamish last night."

I rolled my eyes, "No. I just caught him off guard."

I could see Four's grin within my peripheral sight.

"No can do that to Eric."

"Why would you say-"

"Listen," Four interrupted, "you have experienced a side that no one has seen: his ability to open up. There is something about you that is-"

"Is there a problem?" Eric questioned in a rough voice.

Four shook his head stiffly, "No."

Eric switched to eye me, "How about you?"

I looked straight at him, "Just asking him a question, sir."

Just as the word 'sir' rolled off my tongue, the smile that appeared on Eric's face the first day I said that appeared again.

"As I was saying," Eric started, turning back to the initiates. "Today, we will be doing a station day, where you will get to learn a variety of skills from the leaders assigned. All of you have been separated into three groups, which ultimately leads to eleven per group. There are two leaders that will guide each group, in which include: Lucas and Adelaide, Four and Lauren, and Max and I. You will spend three hours with each of us, meaning this will take the entire day. The leaders can give you breaks when they feel like. As of right now, I would like the leaders to pick a side of the room.

"Now that everyone is in position, I will read off the groups. When your name is called, stand over by your first leaders. Initiates going to Four: Albert, Christina, Molly, Clara, Rob, Lukas, Danny, Kimmy, Jimmy, Noah, and Meg. Initiates going to Adelaide: Edward, Myra, Sarah, Ethan, Nick, April, Marlene, Elaine, Mat, Drew, and Nikki. Initiates coming to me: Peter, Andrew, Will, Uriah, Mike, Tris, Lynn, Erin, Jack, Alison, and Paulina. In three hours, the groups will switch to their second leaders: Four's group will go to Adelaide, Adelaide's group will come to me, and my group will go to Four. Start!"

With that, all of the leaders became attached to their own group. I had my first trainees sit down for a little bit, just for introductions.

"Hey guys. So some of you may know us, others not so much. My name is Adelaide, and over here is Lucas, and we are both partners in the Special Ops. To start off, we are going to run five laps around the Dauntless perimeter, and we'll figure out what we wanna' do from there! Let's go!"

Overall, the first third of the station day went really by well. We started off by running, moved to the punching bags, and lastly threw knives at the targets. A lot of them made simple mistakes, such as wrong stance or not enough power. I could tell that the initiates were enjoying this idea. However, we kept a strict attitude throughout the process, and it paid off.

"Switch!" Eric called out, the cueing to say goodbye to our first round of initiates.

After thank yous were in order, our group left to go to Eric while we inherited Four's group.

"Hi guys, how are we?" Lucas asked seeing their red faces.

"Pumped," Christina said, bumping Al's shoulder.

I nodded, "Good. So, first, we are going to go shoot, then go to the punching bags, and hopefully be able to practice sparring. Maybe if you are all good, Lucas and I can fight for the purpose of all of you teaching."