Chapter Thirteen- Disagreements and Unwanted Encounters

I stared at myself in the mirror. Tonight was the 'update party' on whatever it was that Jeanine was planning on putting to action. And it was a dress up event. For the occasion I wore a black, cap-sleeved dress that had draping in the bust area. The dress went straight down and was fairly long, reaching my ankles in my five inch black heels. I put my hair up in a neat, tight bun that was wrapped in a pearl headband.

I wore minimal makeup, only putting on mascara and eyeliner. I also dusted my face with baby powder to make my skin look a little paler. Lastly, for jewelry, I wore my mother's pearl earring and necklace set my adoptive father gave me when I was sixteen. He said it was one of the valuable things he saved for me from when he took me away from Amity.

I wasn't used to having to get all fancied up like this. I always stuck to wearing my regular clothing. But, if I had to dress up, I would put on a black blazer to somewhat portray a formal style. I wasn't into the whole dress look. But, why not try something different for once?

I kept my piercings in, afraid that taking them out would cause the holes to close up easily.

"You look ravishing."

I turned around to see Lucas leaning in the doorway of my bathroom, eyeing me. I felt heat rush to my cheeks.

"Shut up. You're lying."

He sighed and smiled, walking behind me and looked into the same mirror I was looking in. He hugged me from behind, his arms wrapping around my waist and his chin resting on my shoulder.

"I'm serious, Adelaide."

"I know," I said, sighing.

"So stop thinking you're not."

I huffed as he turned me around and embraced me that way. My arms made their way to wrap around his neck. That would never happen. You see, I was never one to think of myself as fairly attractive. There were too many flaws that I saw within myself that I never enjoyed thinking I could be beautiful.

His hand starts to trace circles on my back, "No matter what you think, to me you are gorgeous."

I smiled a little bit before kissing his cheek, "Thank you."

Our embrace diminished as I went into my bedroom to slip on my black dress gloves.

"So, what is this event?"

"Eric told me it was just a fancy gathering between the Erudite and Dauntless officials. Something about plans that could guarantee a better future for everyone."

"And you're going with him?" Lucas asked, heaviness in his tone.

I nodded, "It's the only way I could get in."

Lucas nodded, "Do you have a weapon on you?"

I smiled and lifted my dress up to show him a knife holster tightened around my right thigh.

"Of course! I wouldn't leave without it."

Lucas smiled, "Sexy."

Blush covered my face as I quickly straightened my dress out back to its original form. I headed towards the living room to pick up my silver clutch.

Knock, knock!

"That's him," I said, going to the door to greet him.

I opened the door to see Eric in a matte black, ironed tuxedo with a white dress shirt and black tie. His blond hair was slicked back, showing off his perfectly shaped facial features. and his enhanced blue eyes He left his two eyebrow piercings in, which only made him look much sexier.