Chapter Thirty-Two- It's Okay

After walking through hallways and climbing numerous stairs, I finally made it to where the headquarters of the operation was. It was an impressive set up. They had advanced computers that the other factions did not own, along with a large staff that just recorded the process shown right in front of them.

I could hear screams coming from the speakers, piercing through the air. They flooded my brain as I examined my surroundings, my eyes setting on the man I was looking for.

My stomach dropped.

He was sitting in a metal chair, and looked as if he was taken over from the inside. His eyes were dull, lips sucking in air, looking nowhere in particular. In the seconds I watched him, his bicep would occasionally twitch.

I looked over to the side to see that everyone's eyes were glued to the screen in front of them, watching the horror spread.

Taking the advantage I quietly ran over to Four, unhooking the IVs and mechanism that was on his forehead.

"Four? Can you hear me? Four..?" I asked rapidly, waving my hand in front of his face to get a reaction.

He didn't answer me.

"Four, answer me!"

A response came, but it wasn't what I expected.

Four did not give me a reaction until about a minute later when I laid my hand on his knee. He jerked roughly pushed me back, getting up only to make the metal chair fly behind him from kicking it.

"Four, calm down?" I yelled dodging a punch.

He ignored me, throwing punches that were aimed at my face, and kicks that were aimed at my shin. Whatever was going on with him, it was putting him in a trance. And it was a violent one.

I threw a punch at his face in which he caught with his right hand, leaving me to quickly kick him on his left side. I kicked him three times at a fast, only to be met with Four's left arm to curl around my leg and throw my whole body down on the ground. My head hit the pavement with a loud smack following.My vision blurred for a couple seconds before I realized that Four had punched me in the stomach. Hard.

Recovering, I kicked him in between is scapula to hit the top of his spine a couple times, in which led him to grab my foot and pull my leg forward. Instead of keeping the fight physical, I grabbed the gun Eric gave me and point it right at him.

"Four, stop," I said gruffly, cringing at the strain in my foot he was pulling.

He let go of my foot when he saw the gun, and stared at me in a way that I wouldn't have thought he would. It was as if I was the monster. He looked at me as if...

he wanted to kill.

"It's me, Addy, your girlfriend," I whispered as he leaned down, grabbing a gun out of his pocket. He cocked it and held it up in front of me, like he wanted me to watch him shoot. So now both of our guns were pointed at each other. Aimed point blank.

"Isn't he beautiful?" A familiar voice echoed.

I looked over to the side and saw the familiar blond-haired, blue-eyed leader who I have grown to have a hate for.

"If you are so curious, I put him under a simulation. A simulation that is able to control Divergents. Right now, anyone who is considered to be his friend is now a traitor to him."

I felt the cold barrel touch my forehead, resting on my left temple. A million thoughts ran through my mind as I looked over to see Four's cold gaze, reminding me that the man I used to enjoy being around was going to be the one to put the bullet in my head.

And I was perfectly fine with it.