Chapter Twenty-Eight- Quick Last Events

"Congratulations, new members of Dauntless!" Max shouted as he smiled, throwing his hands up in the air.

An array of cheers and yells sounded throughout the Pit. The new initiates were grabbing onto their friends for hugs and yelling from their hearts content. Even I was smiling at the rowdy bunch, clapping along with Four and the other leaders.

"Now, before all of you go off and celebrate your accomplishment I would like each and every one of you to make four lines behind you. We will be injecting a tracker device just to make sure we know where you are at all times. Leaders, after you are all done injecting the kids, we will be meeting in my office. Now, if you would all turn around so we can get this done!"

Everyone in Dauntless was already called down to the Pit to get in the injection. How? Max just said it was a new 'policy' had been passed that made it a required injection. Of course, everyone believed him and made their way down to get it.

I quickly ran to get an injector gun and started to inject initiates one by one, making it quick and painless. The process that I thought started out to be long and draggy started to become somewhat quick.

"Congrats, Stiff," I heard Eric say from a distance not so far.

I looked over slightly to see Eric standing in front of Tris, looking like he was ready to antagonize her.

"You know, you should be first in line, but I'll make it easy for you."

Someone came up from behind her, who I believed was Zeke, and pressed the injector to her neck and quickly injected the tracker. I rolled my eyes and continued my work as he said something inaudible to her. I swear, I think he gets a kick out of antagonizing the initiates. I guess I couldn't call them initiates anymore. They were now newfound members of Dauntless.

"How is everything going?" I heard Eric question as I continued my work.

I nodded and smiled, "Well. I see you took interest in making Tris uncomfortable. You know, if you plan on getting girls, that's not the best way."

I felt his lips graze my ear before he spoke, "You know you're the one I want."

I sighed, "So it seems."

"After the meeting, come with me to my apartment. We need to discuss something alone."

I nodded, "Fine."

Just as I finished the final consonant sound, I heard Four's voice approach from behind me, "Hi Addy. Eric."

Four wrapped his arm around my waist as he motioned to Eric. I swear if looks could kill, Eric would've burned a hole through Four's skull. I was even scared for him.

"Stiff. Did you get injected?"

"Did you?"

"Leaders get it once everyone else has gotten it. Best for last, right?"

"If you believe that to be true," Four taunted.

Eric sighed roughly, keeping the same deathly look on his face.

"Make sure you come to the meeting, Adelaide," he said before turning away, stomping toward Max and Lauren.

I was injecting the final initiates before I spoke again, "You and Eric like to go at it, don't you?"

"I only fight when I need to."

I scoffed, "Well, that's increased since you've been with me."

"Because you're worth fighting for."

I smiled at his cheesy phrase, even though he didn't mean for it to come out that way. I set the gray, steel injector gun into the tray I picked it up from and walked with Four out of the Pit, making our way to the apartments.