Chapter Fifteen- A Decision Had to Be Made

"Here is the list of the initiates that you will be administering. Since we have three administers today, you will have seven initiates. Remember to look out for unusual ways the initiates do to get out of the fear and fast times that seem off," Eric stated, handing me a paper with black print.

I nodded, "What would you say would be an average time?"

"As of now, they should be able to conquer their fear in about ten minutes. However, the fastest time ever recorded was six. I'd say look out for anything that is below six"

"Okay."

Eric smiled before rubbing my arm, "Don't stress about it. Just get through the simulations, and make the decision after."

I nodded at him before he left with a quick step. I entered the room to see that the computer was already booted up and hooked to the sensors I had to place upon the initiate's head. A silver table was also set up next, holding the vials filled with fear serum, a couple needles, and sterilizing cloths. In the middle sat a silver, metal chair that reminded me of an upright gurney with arm rests.

I looked at the list Eric gave me and examined the names:

Peter

Molly

Lukas

April

Mike

Sarah

Tris

I caught on to Eric's sneakiness on slipping Tris's name on my list.

I went out of the room to be met by the faces of the initiates, who in which were eager to get this part of the day done and over with. At least some of them were. Others looked completely terrified and just wanted to get the hell out of here. To be honest, I wanted the same thing.

"Peter, you're first."

The day seemed to go by quickly. But, I can't say that for the simulations. Peter's went by faster than everyone's so far with six minutes and forty-five seconds. However, everyone else was around the nine or ten minute margin. So, that meant that everyone so far was on the average mark. But I didn't think that Peter was Divergent just because there was nothing out of the ordinary about how he got through the simulation.

"Tris, you're up."

She walked somewhat hesitantly towards me, giving Four a sideways glance before entering my testing room. Her long hair was put up in a ponytail, showing off her tattoo of three birds on her collar bone.

"That's a nice tattoo," I said, trying to spark up conversation.

She nodded, "Thank you."

I smiled, placing the sensors on her temple.

"You know, I haven't seen you around a lot."

"I've been really busy," I said, filling up a syringe with the serum.

Tris changed the subject, "Were those your actual fears? In the presentation simulation?"

I nodded, "I know, some of them are childish."

Tris shook her head, "I don't think so... He likes you."

"Who?" I asked, a syringe gun in one hand.

"Four."

I looked at her with a confused expression, "And how do you know?"

Tris smiled, "By the way he looks at you."

I smiled, "I'm glad. Now, the serum takes sixty seconds to kick in. Your target time to is around nine or ten minutes."

I placed the needle on her neck and injected the serum. Her body shifted into a more comfortable position before being dragged into an illusion.