Chapter Four- Showing Vulnerability

"How is the list coming along?"

I looked over my shoulder to see Lucas striding over to me, carrying a glass of water in his right hand. I had been up since seven in the morning trying to put this list together for Eric. And, it's taking longer than I thought.

"Sucky. I want to pair people with similar skills, but it looks like it's going to turn out random," I said, mentally exhausted.

"You poor girl. Here, drink some water."

Lucas handed me the glass and sat next to me. I took the glass and tipped it into my mouth, feeling the cool liquid running down my throat.

"So, what is your plan of attack for today?" I asked, putting down the glass and focusing on the list once more.

"I don't have anything set, but I was hoping we could do something together."

I nodded, "We can do something today. I just need to leave for a little bit after dinner though. I'm meeting Eric to give him the list."

"That's only going to take like...three seconds, right?" Lucas asked, a hint of concern in his voice.

I gave him an odd look, "He said he wanted to meet up. I'm sure it's just about regulations or more information about station day. Nothing to worry about."

Lucas relaxed, "That's good. I'm going to go take a shower."

With that he got up and left, leaving me in a dumbfounded state. What the hell was that about?

While he took his shower, I completed the list for station day. I was thoroughly happy with what I had mustered up. I just hoped Eric would be pleased with it.

A whiff of body wash encompassed the room as Lucas walked into the dining area in only his jogging pants. I couldn't help but admire his perfectly tanned skin that enhanced his well-built chest and toned arms. I saw his arm muscles flex as he ran a white towel along his scalp, drying his blond hair. His hair was starting to get fairly long, the tips reaching down past his ear.

"What are you looking at?"

His voice woke me up from my daze.

Lucas gave me a weird look, "Are you okay?"

I stuttered, "I-I'm fine. So, what do you want to do today?"

Lucas shrugged, "We could go to the piercing and tattoo parlor? Do you have any other suggestions?"

I shook my head, "I want to get another piercing. What should I get?"

"Maybe your belly button, or your nipples..." Lucas rose his eyebrows in a convincing manner.

"No, I'm not doing that. I don't want to end up screaming," I said laughing at Lucas's pouting face. "I was thinking along the lines of a lip or an eyebrow."

"Get a lip."

I smiled, "Well, if I'm gonna' get one, we gotta' go!"

Quickly putting on a shirt, Lucas followed behind me out the door, poking and all out messing with me down the hall.

We reached the Dauntless socializing area: the Pit. In summed up words, it is a town square with jagged stone walls and hyper Dauntless members.

The scent of Sandalwood incense invaded my nostrils as we walked into the parlor. The room was lightly lit and separated into two areas: one for tattoos and the other for piercings.

"Hey, Adelaide!"

Turning my head I noticed Tris waving at me, along with Christina sending me a smile.