Chapter Twenty-Five- Eric and Four's Personal War

"Adelaide?.....Adelaiiide?.....Addy!"

I jolted at the shove I earned from Christina, who just so happened to be next to me.

I looked at her and scratched my head, "Sorry, I was thinking. Is there something you need?"

Christina sighed, taking a bite of her cheese pizza, "NO, I was just trying to get your attention for the past five minutes, and you stared off looking like you want to either cry or explode."

"Are you okay?" Al asked, his big eyes attentive on me.

I shrugged, "Somewhat, but it won't be resolved until I speak to the person I need to speak to."

Al nodded while Christina looked at me intently, studying me probably how she studied body actions in Candor to see if I was lying or not. As I was about to reassure her that it was nothing important, I heard someone clearing their throat behind me.

"Addy, can I speak with you in private?" I heard Four's voice ask, his voice sounding slightly meak.

I got up from my seat and walked out at a steady pace, his footsteps following close behind. Right as we were walking out, I saw Tris stroll towards the grand hall awkwardly right when she saw Four and I leaving.

I turned down a well-lit, private hallway that ended up showing a variety of storage closets for departments such as the tattoo shop, kitchen, and the bars. Even though the closets were somewhat tiny, the people who ran the shops were able to shove a vast amount of supplies within them.

Turning on my heel, I looked into his brown irises that stared me down. We stood a bit away from each other, as if we were going to brawl while we were talking.

"What's wrong?" I asked quietly.

"I was about to ask you that."

My lips formed an 'O' shape before I pressed my lips together.

"Does it have to deal with the mission?"

"Four,-"

"Don't try to get out of this. I told you we were going to talk about this, but now it seems like there is more to it."

I huffed, looking down at my feet. Personally, I wanted to get this resolved and find out what was going on, but at the same time I wanted to keep it a secret and just let it dissipate. I'd forget about it sooner or later, right?

I heard heavy footsteps walk toward me as firm hands gripped my hips. While the left hand stayed on my hip, the right hand trailed up to cup my chin, lightly pushing my head up.Four was taller than me today, due to the slight heel in his boots.

"Adelaide, I need you to tell me what is going on."

Although my face was upward, my eyes were looking downward.

Four sighed, "Concealing the problem is not going to help. I'm already mad enough because of the stunt Eric pulled last night."

"Didn't look like it this morning," I stated in a grunt, a snide tone accompanying it.

"Well one thing you should know by now is that I don't express my anger like Eric does.Plus, we have a job to do, and that comes before personal life."

I sighed, he was right.

"You're right, I'm sorry."

Four smiled lightly and removed his hand from under my chin in order to cross his arms, "Now are you going to tell me or am I gonna have to interrogate you?"

A couple minutes of pure silence passed before I peeped up, "Last night, when I was in Eric's office, he gave a me suggestion."

I looked up to only see him nod.