Six

Evangeline's POV

"The unsub brought the weapons with him tape, glue, wire...He did not leave them at the scene. He took them when he left. He has a kind of killing kit that he carries." Jason tells the detectives while I sat on Mama's lap with my head on her shoulder.

"Organized killers usually have a skilled job, likely technology related which may involve the use of the hands. The crime scenes are far enough apart that he needs a vehicle. This will be well kept, obsessively clean, as will be his home. He's diurnal, the attacks occurred during the day so the vehicle may be related to his work, possibly a company car or truck." Aaron explains, adding on to what Jason was saying.

"We believe he watches the victims for a time learns the rhythms of the home, knows his time frame." Derek says while Mama was rubbing my back.

"You're not going to catch him accidentally." Aaron says.

"He destroys symbols of wealth in the victim's homes...He harbours envy of and hatred toward people of a higher social class. He feels invisible around them." Jason says.

"Class is the theme of the poem which he left at the various crime scenes. At one point in the poem, the women attempts to bribe death but he doesn't accept it. He says this is the one moment when riches mean nothing when death comes, the poor and the rich are exactly alike." Spencer said.

"So he's poor." Captain Griffith states.

"Probably middle-class. A decidedly lower-class person would stick out in a highly patrolled neighbourhood. This guy appears to belong there. He blends in." Aaron says.

"Why does he glue the eyes open?" Detective Cornelius Martin asks.

"The unsub is an exploitative rapist. Most rape victims close their eyes during the attack, turn their heads. For some rapists, this ruins the fantasy. For this type of rapist, the goal is more related to the victim watching him than the act itself." Elle explained.

"The eyes are the windows of someone's soul." I muttered quietly, remembering a quote from one of my teachers. When I look into your eyes Evangeline, I can see into your soul and it's filled with pain. Is everything okay at home with your new foster family Evangeline? Yes ma'am everything is fine. Snapping out of my memory, I see that everyone is done talking and Elle walks over to me.

"Your mama has to do a news conference. I'll hold you for a bit." Elle says and I nod before she picks me up and she sits down in a chair. Elle placed my head on her shoulder and I can smell the jasmine perfume that she was wearing.

"Is this case bringing up some memories honey?" Elle asked me with a look of concern on her face.

"I guess so Elle."

"I could see that on your face when you zoned out for a bit. It's okay to let people in Evangeline. I know that you've had a rough life, but I promise that you won't ever be alone again." Elle tells me and I look up at her.

"I will try to remember that."

**************************

JJ's POV

Evangeline was on my lap playing with my necklace as we're flying back home from San Diego. We went to the beach and Evangeline loved the ocean, swimming around like a little fish with a huge smile on her face.

"I liked the beach Mama." Evangeline tells me with a smile on her face.

"I'm glad you liked the beach, little one." Spencer walks over to us and sits on the chair across from us.

"So Evangeline, I heard that you've never been to a pottery class. I was wondering if you wanted to go to a class with me." Spencer tells Evangeline.

"I like you Spencer, but only as a friend. I do not like people romantically and do not want to hurt your feelings." Evangeline tells Spencer, causing his eyes to widen in shock because Evangeline didn't sign to communicate with Spencer.

"She must trust you Spence. She needs friends and family, so be that for her."

"I will be her family. Maybe a big brother?" Spencer tells me and Evangeline gives him a smile.

"We can still do pottery if you want to." Evangeline adds with a smile, clearly wanting to do the class.

"Of course we can." Spencer says while smiling at Evangeline.