Thirty-Two

Evangeline's POV

"This looks great! Thank you for teaching me how to make this Grandma." Grandma smiled before hugging me and I hugged her back.

"You're welcome my little butterfly." Grandma says when the door opens and Mama enters the house. Mama walked over to us and gives my head a kiss, causing me to hug her.

"Did you two make a mess in my kitchen?" Mama asks me before picking me up and I wrap my legs around her waist.

"No we didn't Jennifer. My little butterfly here wouldn't let me leave the kitchen in a mess." Grandma says before Mama sits on the couch with me on her lap.

"Did you catch the bad man?"

"I sure did little one." Mama says before kissing my head.

***************************

JJ's POV

"Thanks for watching her mom." Evangeline was in her room fast asleep while mom and I are in the living room drinking coffee.

"I love spending time with my granddaughter. She asked about your childhood and Rosalyn. I talked about how you collected butterflies with Rosalyn. How you and your sister would dress Henry up in dresses and put makeup on him. I promised her that I'd bring pictures next time." Mom tells me.

"It'd be nice to see those pictures again."

"Evangeline is an amazing young woman and if we had known about her sooner, I would have adopted her myself. She told me that the other grandmothers in her foster homes would burn her with fire pokers and carve the word worthless on her chest. That I was the first grandmother to be kind to her and my heart breaks at everything she's been through." Mom tells me.

"My heart breaks for her too."