Fourteen

JJ's POV

"Please stop! Please Karl, do not hurt Anne!" Evangeline cried in her sleep, causing me to gently shake her awake. Elle goes to grab a bottle of water from the hotel mini fridge and Evangeline's eyes open. She sat up gasping for air, so I grabbed her inhaler and placed it on her lips. Pressing the button, the medicine comes out and I began rubbing her back.

"Take deep breaths little one. He's not here and won't ever hurt you again." Evangeline takes some deep breaths and eventually calms down.

"Drink this sweetie. It'll help you feel better." Elle says before handing me the bottle and I helped Evangeline drink it.

"Sorry for waking you two up." Evangeline apologizes to us.

"You didn't wake us up. We were just reading."

"Exactly what your mother said. I get bad dreams too." Elle tells Evangeline.

"I also have bad dreams. One time I dreamt about finding Roslyn's body. Is that what you dreamt about?"

"Except I saw him hurting Anne. It never happened when she really died. I found Anne dead in her bed when I woke up the next morning. I screamed and cried for weeks to the point that Karl threatened to put me in a crazy house." Evangeline tells us.

"Well he was wrong to do that to you girls and he's now in jail paying for what he did. You helped us put him away." Evangeline lays her head on my shoulder and I rubbed her back.