Twenty-Seven

JJ's POV

"Story of good and evil, love and hate." Gideon says.

"There's been some new activity on the Keystone Killer case." Max Ryan, a former detective says.

"New?" Elle asks. Evangeline was in my office with Reese for her therapy session.

"He was in Max's lecture last night." Gideon says, causing our eyes to widen.

"What? He got away?" Derek asks him, his voice getting louder.

"Would we have woken you up if we caught him?" Max yells when we hear a bang and we turn around to see Evangeline in tears. She dropped her cup, causing it to shatter on the ground.

"What is this retard doing here?" Max asks.

"Don't call my daughter that! Evangeline clearly has a reason to be here or she wouldn't be here."

"I came for my sketchbook because I left it here earlier today." Evangeline signed before Elle hands it to her. Evangeline nods and leaves the room, causing me to face Max again.

"If I hear you call Evangeline that name, I'll kick your ass."

"Anyways, he handed this letter to the security guard." Gideon says.

"And he included two drivers' licenses with it." Max says.

"One is from his last victim. Amy Jennings, strangled in 1987... Do you see something?" Gideon asks Spencer.

"Ya, what is the significance of black bra and grey wool socks?" Spencer asks.

"That's what Amy Jennings was wearing when we found her." Max responded.

"That's a lot of detail to remember for twenty years. The Green River killer couldn't remember where the bodies were buried much less what they were wearing." Derek adds on.

"Well, some unsubs take pictures and print them themselves so they can manipulate the scene, bring it to life. That would explain the level of detail." Hotch adds on.

"Does no fighting in the rear window have anything to do with the Jennings case?"

"No. He entered in through the front door. There's ample evidence that Amy fought him very hard. Now he's referring to a new victim there." Max says.

"The second driver's license." Elle says,

"Carla Bromwell." Gideon says.

"Yeah, there is a C. Bromwell here in the puzzle. Philly PD went to the address on the license a little while ago." Spencer says.

"Found her suffocated with a plastic bag." Gideon adds on.

"Suffocated? His previous victims were strangled. His MO's different." Derek says when I get a notification from my phone and see that Carla's on the news.

"Gideon, can you put it on the news?" Gideon puts on the news and I see a journalist talking about the victim.

"The Philadelphia police were notified late last night of a letter that was hand delivered to this news station. Apparently it was written by the infamous Keystone Killer, who's wanted in connection with the murders of seven women back in the late 1980's. He also included a photograph of a woman. She appears to be dead in the photo, suffocated with a plastic bag... Now, subsequently police discovered a body in the Overbrook area. But they are not confirming that it's the woman in this picture." The journalist says.

"He works fast." Hotch says. He sure does....

"It's an understatement, isn't it?" Gideon states.

"Meet you on the plane in thirty minutes." Hotch says.

"I'm coming with you... I'm not asking, Jason." Max says. I want to kick his ass...

                                       ****************************

Evangeline's POV

"Do you remember when I told you about Jean Mason?" I asked Reese, who nods while writing things in her notepad.

"Yes. Why?" Reese asked me.

"She was Sarah Jean Mason Dawes. She was accused of murdering girls and her son with her husband. In reality she gave her son away and turned herself and her husband into the police in order to save more victims."

"Oh well I'm glad you told me about this." Reese tells me with a smile on her face.

"I know that it is a shock that I knew an accused serial killer that was executed. But she was always nice to me. She always told me that I should never let the monsters that hurt me win by becoming one."

"That's the best advice Evangeline. You can't let them win by becoming what they are. But you can express your feelings to yourself and other people." Reese tells me.

"Thank you for the advice."

"No problem." Reese says.