Eight

JJ's POV

"Where did you get Juniper?" Evangeline looks up at me from her sketchbook and gave me a small smile.

"I always had Juniper. She was the only family that I had until I met you Mama." Evangeline said while I played with her hair.

"I wish that we met sooner little one."

"That is okay Mama. We are family now. Can you tell me about your family?" Evangeline asked me.

"Well my father, Elliott died last year from cancer and I know he would have loved you. My mother, Sandy will love you just like she loves her other granddaughter, Sarah. I have an older brother, Henry and he's not married. I had an older sister named, Roslyn and she died when she was fifteen."

"How did she die? Sorry for asking Mama." Evangeline said before fiddling with her glasses, a sign that she's anxious.

"It's okay that you asked. Roslyn committed suicide but I don't know why."

"My foster sister, Anne committed suicide because our foster father raped her. She left me the musical note necklace that I am wearing. She was thirteen and I was eight when that happened. I think that maybe Auntie Roslyn was in pain too and felt like she had no other choice." Evangeline tells me and I wiped the tears from her eyes.

"That's very insightful Evangeline."

"I think they are both watching over us and are happy that we found each other." Evangeline said before I placed a kiss on her temple.

"I believe that as well little one."