Thirty-Three

Evangeline's POV

"First two victims: Wally Melman, Chloe Harris. Both killed in public places." Derek says while we were walking through Los Angeles. My former foster sister Lila Archer was being stalked and the first two victims were friends of hers. Lila was thirteen and I was eleven when I was placed with her family, but she became my best friend. She made sure nobody ever picked on me at school and taught me how to do my hair and nails.

"Chloe was killed while walking her dog on the beach in Santa Monica which she did every morning. And Wally was killed outside of a massage parlour." Mama says.

"In Culver City."

"Which he went to every Tuesday." Auntie Elle says.

"If he knows their schedules, maybe that means he follows his victims for a while." Derek says.

"And not a single witness. So we know this unsub can blend in. Regardless of the location, he has the ability to hide in plain sight." Aaron says as we continue walking.

"He's meticulous." Auntie Elle says.

"The media's calling Natalie Ryan's murder the biggest celebrity homicide since Sharon Tate." Mama says when I noticed Lila in an art store, doing our secret hand signal that we made up when we were kids.

"Mama, can I go to the art store?"

"Sure sweetheart. I'll be waiting for you right here." Mama says and I run into the art store. Walking over to where Lila was, I whistled to let her know that I was alone and she whistled back.

"You are back! I've missed you so much Eva!" Lila said before hugging me and I hugged her back.

"I miss you too Lila. What is going on? My adoptive mother works for the FBI and I cannot hide this from her. I guarantee she is watching us from outside the store."

"I don't know. Natalie and I only spoke when we saw each other in public. Wally and I were talking about me being in a movie of his, but he went a different way. Do they think that I did it? Eva, you know that I would never hurt a soul." Lila tells me.

"I know but you have to be honest with them because they will know if you are lying. Spencer talked about you to me last night and I can tell that he really likes you."

"I like him too. You and Spencer see me as more than my career and what it can do for you guys. You both see me as Lila." Lila tells me before hugging me and I hugged her back.

"I should be going Lila."

"Alright Eva." Lila says before I run out of the store and walked over to Mama.

"You and I will be talking about your relationship with Lila later." Mama tells me before the two of us walk away.

********************************

JJ's POV

"Lila was my foster sister when I was eleven and she was thirteen. She was my best friend and my protector after Anne. She made sure nobody picked on me and taught me how to do my hair and nails. She tried teaching me how to do makeup but I never liked anything other than lipgloss." Evangeline tells me and I sighed, knowing that Evangeline could be in danger if she meets up with Lila again.

"You can't meet up with her until the investigation is over."

"Mama, she needs me! Her parents forced her to act at a young age and when I came around she felt like she could be herself around me. I cannot leave her." Evangeline tells me with tears in her eyes.

"If Spencer goes to see her then you can go with him. Understand?"

"Yes Mama." Evangeline says before I hug her and she hugs me back.

*******************************

Evangeline's POV

"I like your house." Spencer and I followed Lila into her house and followed her into the kitchen.

"I rent it." Lila tells us.

"Nice. You should also probably change all your phone numbers." Spencer says.

'I'm unlisted." Lila says.

"Anytime you call an 800 number or an 888 number, your phone number's put into a databank that's been sold to telemarketers. If someone get your cell phone number, they can go online and research all your records." Spencer says.

"Hanging out with you can be really depressing." Lila tells him.

"You should also probably carry a piece of paper and a pen with you wherever you go in case you see any suspicious license plates that often reappear." Spencer says before noticing the collage hanging on Lila's wall.

"Photographic collage. I like it because it's like life, you know? You know, like obscure, difficult." Lila says.

"You should also get a dog. Like a guard dog of some sort." Spencer says.

"Lila is allergic."

"Earl grey or chamomile?" Lila asks us.

"Earl grey for us please and four teaspoons of sugar for me please. Spencer has two teaspoons of sugar with his tea."

"Of course. Is he okay?" Lila whispers to me.

"He really likes you." Lila blushes before going to make our tea.