Sixteen

Evangeline's POV

"Don't look at the train. Ignore it. The higher authority isn't concerned about losing a few civilians." Jason says before looking back at me. Mama was only okay with me going if Spencer, Aaron, Derek and Jason also came with me.

"I'm Agent Frank Moretti, Dallas field office. Now as we can tell, your agent is still all right." Frank says.

"Has the subject asked for anything, made any demands?" Jason asks the agent.

"Not beyond wanting to talk to a higher authority. How do we negotiate with a psychotic who won't talk to us?" Frank asked us.

"That's why we have Evangeline Jareau here. She was his foster daughter at one point and he never hurt her. She has her vest underneath her shirt and will be able to hear us on the ear piece." Jason tells him.

"His delusions are important because that's what we have to play to." Jason added on.

"Good luck. I tried to convince him I was the highest authority but he wouldn't believe me." Frank tells us.

"Theodore is paranoid and believes in secrets." I signed to Frank when I hear a woman speaking on the two way phone.

"He wants to know who you are. He wants to know who just arrived." The woman says.

"Tell him it's someone who can help resolve the situation." Jason tells the woman, who seems to be talking to Theodore.

"What part of the government do you work for?" The woman asks.

"I never said I was with the government. I have your friend, Evangeline Foster. She would like to talk to you." Jason says before handing me the phone.

"Theodore?"

"Evangeline? It is good to hear your voice again." Theodore said from the other end of the phone.

"Theodore and Leo, I am going to come and take the microchip out of you. But you have to let everyone off the train afterwards. Can we agree to that deal?"

"Only you?" Theodore asks me.

"Yes, only me."

"Then we can agree to that." Theodore says before I handed Jason the phone and walked towards the train. Entering the train, I walked over to Theodore and showed him the knife to do my trick. Cutting into Theodore's arm, I use the sleight-of-hand trick that Spencer has been teaching me so Theodore can believe that I actually took the chip out of him.

"See Theodore? It is out now. Can we let the people leave?" Theodore nodded before handing me his guns and everyone but the injured and dead passengers left the train.

"How about we get off the train and talk?"

"The people out there won't hurt me, right?" Theodore tells me.

"No they will not hurt you." I tell Theodore, making sure that Jason heard it through my ear piece.

                                ********************

JJ's POV

"She was stupidly brave today, JJ." Elle tells me while we were sitting in my living room. Evangeline was fast asleep in Elle's arms while Elle rubbed her back.

"She was, but Bryar was her good foster father and she knew that she could get through to him. What Evangeline told me before she went with Gideon was that Bryar liked that Evangeline was always honest with him. They had no secrets and that made it easier for him not to hurt her in his hallucinations. The only reason that she was taken away from Bryar was because he nearly killed his neighbour who raped her. Evangeline told the police that he was schizophrenic and they put him in the hospital."

"Really? That's how she was able to convince him to let us go." Elle tells me.

"Evangeline really cares about him, but she cares about you a lot more. Elle she almost called you Auntie Elle before she left."

"She sees me as family?" Elle asked with a fond smile on her face.

"She really does Elle."