Twenty

JJ's POV

"Hey JJ." Elle says as she enters my apartment with a bag in her hands. Evangeline was in her room getting ready for bed while I was in the living room watching television.

"Hey Elle. How did the case go?" Elle sits down beside me and helps herself to some popcorn.

"We caught Eddie Mays and his mother was his accomplice. Apparently something about him ruining the family reputation if she didn't help." Elle says, causing me to scoff.

"Of fucking course." Evangeline entered the living room and smiled upon seeing Elle.

"Come give me a hug." Elle says, causing Evangeline to go and hug her.

"Did everything go okay?" Evangeline asks Elle.

"It did. We caught the bad guys and they're in jail. Do you want to see your present?" Elle asks Evangeline, who happily nods before Elle hands her bag. Evangeline opens the bag and takes out the gifts.

"A sweater and baseball cap from Tennessee. A Welcome to Nashville mug and lots of Nashville hot chocolate. I love my presents! Thank you Auntie Elle. Can you please thank everyone else for me?" Evangeline asks Elle.

"Of course I can honey and you're welcome. Next time we'll take you there so you can see it for yourself." Elle promised Evangeline, who smiles before putting on her cap.

"You look absolutely adorable."

"Derek got one for himself and he didn't look as cute as you do." Elle says to Evangeline, who blushes.

"My adorable little one."