Fifteen

Evangeline's POV

"Mama, where is Elle?" Mama gives me a smile as I enter the conference room. It was just the two of us right now and I'm hoping to see Elle today. Aaron entered the room and gives us a smile.

"Where is Elle?" Mama asks him.

"Texas. She went to do a custodial interview with William Devries." Aaron says, causing my blood to run cold.

"The child murderer?" I signed.

"Yes, he agreed to participate the VICAP questionnaire." Aaron explained to us.

"You're letting her do custodials by herself already?" Mama asked him.

"She'll be fine." Aaron tells us before Mama and I walk to her office. She closes the door and the blinds before we sit down on her couch.

"Come on little one, you need some sleep. You haven't been sleeping much lately." Mama says before placing me on her lap and removes her shirt so I can breastfeed from her.

"Mama, I am not tired."

"How about we just rest then? You don't have to sleep or even close your eyes." Mama said before I began to breastfeed from her.

"We're going to be talking about those cuts on your wrists later on. You're not in trouble, but we have to talk about it." Mama tells me before kissing my head.

**********************
JJ's POV

"Okay, this is from one of the security cameras inside the train. Five hostages in a car stopped on the tracks. We have one security guard dead from initial gunfire." Evangeline was fast asleep in my office while the rest of us are in the conference room.

"Is this going on right now?" Spencer asks me.

"Yeah. In west Texas."

"Why are they asking for us?" Derek asks.

"Because of a particular psychological aspect of the hostage taker, which we're especially equipped to handle." Hotch explains.

"Can you back that picture up a few frames?" Spencer asks and I do just that.

"Tardive dyskinesia." Spencer says, confusing us.

"Once more for those of us without an encyclopedic memory?" Derek asks when Evangeline enters the room and looks at the video, her eyes widening in recognition of the unsub.

"Severe facial tics. The kind that develop after years of taking anti-psychotic medication." Spencer explains before noticing where Evangeline was looking.

"So this guy's a psychotic?" Derek says.

"A psychotic with hostages and two guns." Hotch says when Gideon enters the room.

"Hostage situation on a train?" Gideon says before noticing Evangeline's gaze.

"Yeah, in Texas."

"A train in Texas? My God, Elle!" Gideon says before Evangeline was writing a name on the white board. Doctor Theodore Bryar.

"Do you know him, kid?" Derek asks Evangeline, who nods before looking back at us.

"He was one of my only good foster fathers. He has paranoid schizophrenia and I was taken away from him after he tried to hurt a neighbour of ours. The neighbour raped me and that sent Theodore into a paranoid state. I can talk to him." Evangeline signs to us.

"Absolutely not! Evangeline, he can hurt you."

"In his paranoid states he never hurt me, but he will hurt someone else. I just need a microchip and a knife because he believes that there is a microchip in his body." Evangeline signs to us.

"This may be the only way to get everyone out safely. She'll have a bulletproof vest underneath her clothes." Hotch tells me and I sighed.

"Fine, but she wears a Bluetooth on her ear."