chapter 11

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

Remembering that tattoo, my hand subconsciously goes to my left rib, it's under my breast but a little further from it. Though still on the rib. It's also exactly where Gwen tattooed hers.

It's just two lines of words written in black ink, but right now, they mean the whole world to me.

My rebellious angel. Please don't go! Fight Gwen! Fight!. Don't give up!

The entire day passes and the light of the operating theatre is still not switched off. Which both assured me and scared me.

All I did was sit next to room's door and watch as the medical experts in the operating room changed shifts multiple times in one night.

This was not easy, was it? This was a fierce battle of saving her life, right?

My anxiety is at it's peak. I had no one with me to calm me down. I had not even called Hayley yet. AllI did was rush my sister here and I have been here this entire time.

I didn't even want to think of informing anyone. My head is not even there. Where it is, in that room.

Gwen you stubborn girl! You hot headed woman! Why didn't you just listen to me? Now look at what happened!

Have you ever felt like time was moving too slow? Like every second felt like an hour? Every hour felt like an entire day? And a day, it felt like a year?

That is how I am feeling right now. Time is moving really really slow and everything feels like it's dragging. I never thought it would be so difficult to make it through the night.

I take out the gold pendant that is around my neck. Mum had made them for us even before we were born. It was custom made. An angel shaped pendant with my name engraved in the back. For Gwen's it's just the same as mine but hers has her name written on it.

This is all I've left of mum. But it is also what I hold when I think of Gwen. That is part of the reason we call each other angel. I gave it a little kiss and held it inside my hands.

I spent the entire night there, I didn't sleep, I didn't move from that chair.

And early in the morning, the next day, just when the sun was about to rise in the eastern horizon, the light of the operating theatre was turned off.

That had my tension awake all over my body. I jumped up from my seat quickly and walked to the door.

There was hope inside me. Hope to hear news. News that my Gwen was successfully saved.

I waited at the door for a few seconds before the medical experts started walking out of the room.

My eyes lit up and I was shaking my hands with anxiety. I was waiting for them to tell me some good news. But that hope started dimming when I saw the look on their faces.

They all just looked at and shook their heads, their expression screaming regret and disappointment. "Miss Halverson, we've tried our best." One of them said.

"I'm so sorry." Another one added before letting out a deep sigh.

"It's a miracle she even made it to the hospital alive."

"My condolences."

And then, they started walking away not looking at me in the eye.