chapter 40

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

"You have one day. I'll come to you tomorrow... And your signature better be on those papers." Victoria said coldly and arrogantly before turning around and leaving.

It seems like she didn't want to tell Jeremy Elsa was not Gwen. But why?

Elsa watched her retreating back with a lot of questions in her head. She took another look at the divorce papers wondering why Victoria was the one handing them to her and not Jeremy.

Even though she knew a divorce will come, she didn't expect it this soon. She thought of something and took out her phone.

She went to the internet and searched the name, Jeremy Callahan. Perhaps there would be something there that could help. And there he was, the first person who appeared.

Jeremy Callahan. Age 25. Grandson of the Old Master Peter Callahan. Jeremy is the Young Master of the family and started working in the Callahan Co-operation while still in school and he became a billionaire at a very young.

The Wikipedia page about him was practically just praising Jeremy as it went on and on about how great he was.

Elsa scrolled further to news about him and the first one was of two weeks ago on the day she and him got married. There was photo of that day. Her in a gown and him in a tuxedo.

The article read; the young master, Jeremy Callahan, weds his mysterious love, Elsa Halverson. Also known as Gwen.

Elsa clicked on it seeing then call her both her name and her sister's. The article called her a mysterious woman that Jeremy was spotted with some time back. And then soon after that 'incident', the old master, announced him and her marriage to the news outlets.

Elsa then clicked out of that article and the scrolled down looking at the next. The next ones were just about his latest accomplishments and his businesses.

Elsa kept going though, hoping she could at least find one that would touch on Gwen. What she found before that though, she found something that was not about Gwen, but Victoria.

She would have scrolled past it if not for the name there being Victoria Rowland.

The article read; Jeremy Callahan and his girlfriend Victoria Rowland spotted together.

She immediately clicked out on it hoping that it was just a nothing. But then, that name Rowland, it shook her a little. Especially remembering that Gwen believed a Rowland killed their mum.

And it now so happened she befriended Victoria, whose last name was Rowland.

The article introduced Victoria as a socialite's. It said she was a daughter of a rich well known couple lost. A couple called the McConnells. She was the only one of two daughters to survive.

They got reunited after so many years of searching for her. Her birth mother was called Rosanna McConnell, while her adopted mother, Esther Rowland. Elsa's heart skipped a beat or two.

She is real? There is actually someone called Esther Rowland?

"Wait wait Elsa!... This could all be a coincidence. The name Rowland is common, and mum was not stable. Remember?"