chapter 71

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

Grandma was carrying Elsa on her lap and mum was carrying Gwen. It was taken ina photo studio. They looked so happy.

Elsa looked at her mum's face. She was so beautiful.

And then,she looked to her sister. Her finger traced that face on the photo gently and she called out, "Gwen!"

Amelia came to her side. She looked at the girl next to her who had grown thin ever since her twin passed and looked so stressed out.

She pulled her into her arms and held her tightly. She enveloped her in a warm embrace as if Elsa was a little girl again.

"Cry child. It is okay. Cry and let it all out."

That was enough for Elsa to weep bitterly. She seeked for comfort in her grandma's arms as her tears flowed like a river.

"It is okay to cry. It is actually good to cry. For you lost a big part of your life. You lost someone who meant the world to you. This world is cruel. Life is like a train, taking you on a journey full of pain. It brings you light, but it also brings you darkness, too.

"This pain is too big for you to not wash it away with tears. Yes child, let it all out with tears. Weep my grandchild, and do not hold pain within yourself. For it will turn into a snake that devours you from the inside."

Elsa cried in her arms until she eventually ran out of tears and calmed down.

Amelia held her cheeks wiping her tears away and then smiled at her as she said, "My grandbaby, let me make you something to eat. To make you strong.... And return some meat on your bones." Her grandma's voice was so loving, sweet and warm. Elsa chuckled then nodded.

"Can I help you Grandma?" she asked wanting to get up from her seat.

Amelia held her shoulder stopping her getting up. She shook her head lightly. "No, you just stay here. And what I want for you to do, is to stay as beautiful as you are."

She then stroked her hair. "I've noticed you've lost some weight child. Have you not been eating well? Have you stopped taking care of yourself?"

"Grandma, it's hard."

"I know child but I don't want you to stop taking care of yourself and lose yourself in grief. You are such a bubbly child. You have the personality that could charm the birds off the trees.

"Don't lose that Elsa. Don't let yourself wallow in self pity and sadness so much that you lose that sparkle that has always been in your eyes.

"That you lose that light, that you lose that smile. It is okay to cry child, it is okay to be sad and moan your loss. But, it is also okay to move on.

"Allow your wound to heal. Because it surely will. But even after it heals, it will leave a scar. For such a pain must always leave a memory. And that memory is a scar in your heart."