chapter 24

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

NARRATION, NO ONE'S POV...

“Goddammit!!” Victoria screamed as she used both her hands to shove the seven tier wedding cake, making the entire huge cake fall on the floor.

She was angry. No! She was beyond angry! She was gritting her teeth, her entire face red and she breathed heavily. She had pulled out her veil long time ago and has been screaming the entire time.

The only one in the room with Victoria, was her adoptive parents.

She looked so scary, like she wanted to straggle someone, even her hand movement showed that. The hand movement she made when she thought about that Halverson girl.

She should have been married by now. She should have already occupied the position of Mrs Callahan and tonight should have been their first night.

But no!

Another Halverson just had to stand in her way.

She just had to disrupt with wedding and make it come to a halt before Jeremy said 'I do' to Victoria.

One would think that after that girl ran away, Jeremy would come back to the altar with his fiancee, right?

Wrong!

He too left with only four words, “The wedding is postponed.”

Victoria could not accept this! How could this come to be?

“Not the cake Victoria, I was looking forward to eating that!” Her mother said half serious, half joking. This made Victoria glare at her. She was not in the mood.

She looked at the cake on the floor that had broken into several pieces of different sizes. She had chosen this cake for this day, and it was ruined even before she got to eat it with her husband. Even before she got to have a husband.

Her ring finger was just empty as it was yesterday.

“Didn't you say Gwen was dead?... How did she suddenly appear at the wedding?” John, her father, asked.

“That was not Gwen!” Victoria answered gritting her teeth. “That was Elsa.”

Why did Elsa come at that exact moment? Elsa was never a problem. Why now?

Well, she better keep not being a problem because she has no idea who she is messing with.

John looked shocked for a second then shook his head. “Are you sure?”

“We are.. Gwen Halverson is dead.” His wife, Esther Rowland, answered him.

“But then, why would Elsa come to your wedding? Do you think Gwen told her something?”

“Remembering her confused expression, I don't think she came there with a motive.” Victoria thought out loud.

Elsa genuinely looked confused. Why she came to the wedding, she didn't know.

But she knew Elsa didn't know anything to get her and her family in trouble.

Gwen was so eager to protect her precious twin, Victoria doubted if Gwen told Elsa to come to wedding.

Which leads to the question, why did she come then? Did she just wander into a random wedding?

No, she couldn't have. Maybe she wanted to see the Young Master Callahan get married.

Even though Victoria had wished for their wedding to be aired everywhere, which was possible, Jeremy declined in the end. He didn't even want the reporters to know the date of the wedding.

And when Victoria secretly leaked it, Jeremy immediately postponed the wedding, much to her annoyance. So she had no choice but to be quiet about this one, lest the wedding gets moved again.

“But Jeremy must have followed her. This can't be good.” Esther spoke remembering Jeremy leaving in a hurry going the exact same direction Elsa ran off to.