chapter 84

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

Elsa felt Jeremy's body get rigid next to her after hearing those words. He immediately turned hostile to the stranger. He eyed him up and down and with an icy gaze.

"Who are you to ask my wife if she is alright? Huh?... Who are you to her?" He asked in anger.

'Wife? Really now?'

Elsa looked at him surprised at his cranky tone.

Why was he talking to the man like that? Why so rude to someone he doesn't even know, and for no reason at all?

Allan looked at Jeremy and then at Elsa. Seeing Elsa not saying anything, told him that they were indeed married and this man who came looking for her truly was her husband. How did he not notice the
ring on her finger before?

Plus, if she wasn't okay with Jeremy, now would have been her chance tell Allan so he can help her break free from Jeremy and take her away from him.

"I'm her friend. I was just checking on her, that's all." He said calmly. Ignoring the death stare Jeremy was sending to him.

"Friend?" Jeremy said it in a way that it sounded like he was tasting that word. He then stood straighter and boulder as though he was trying to intimate the man infront of him.

"Well, friend... My wife doesn't need you being concerned about her. She is
very much fine without it. Right, Mrs Callahan?"

He looked at Elsa waiting for her answer with a smile on his face that Elsa found rather creepy.

Elsa felt so awkward. Jeremy made this so weird. He was talking to Doctor Allan like he was explaining to a child something. And his aura was not welcoming at all.

Elsa felt this hostility was so unnecessary but it would be unwise of her to say anything right now, especially something Jeremy wouldn't want to hear.

She turned to Allan and gave him a friendly smile. "I'm okay Allan, my husband and I were just playing and I guess the game got a little out of hand.

"I'm so sorry to have disturbed you with this." She tried to sound as sincere as possible.

Allan had no choice but to take her explanation. "It wasn't any trouble. None at all."

He took a quick glance at Jeremy who still had a firm grip on Elsa's hand, then turned to Elsa and gave her a gentle smile with a nod. "Very well then, I'll see you tomorrow Elsa."

"See you tomorrow, Allan."

Allan then turned around and headed back to the hospital since his shift wasn't over yet.

Seeing how friendly they got, Jeremy begun to feel territorial over Elsa.

He gritted his teeth before commanding her in a cold tone to get into the car.

Elsa immediately got in without saying anything in protest.

When Elsa had been quiet for those days, Jeremy asked his assistant to locate her and find out what she was up to. That was how he found out she was working at that place.

He immediately came here to find her.

"I don't want you working here anymore." He suddenly said after some minutes of driving in silence.