chapter 31

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

"That was the deal. You first wanted money and connections to the best doctors who could help remove a tumor. I helped you with that..I helped you with so many things... And now, it's payback." Jeremy said to Elsa who was beyond shocked.

Those words fall on Elsa's ears and she immediately was sent back in time to when she found out her tumor had grown.

Does Gwen know? Did she know that..

ELSA'S POV

FLASHBACK

I waited for the doctor. I was seated on the bed in a private room anxious. My headaches, migraines or whatever this is, has been getting worse and aspirins was not helping.

I don't know what was going on but, my head would hurt so bad. That pain would attack me out of no where and would have me on my knees in pure anguish.

I was playing with my fingers as I was getting impatient.

I hope it wasn't something bad. I hope it's just migraines and it will soon pass.

Because, the doctor never told me my tumor would cause this much headache. And wasn't it benign to benign with?

But these headaches are worrying. That is why I haven't told Gwen or Hayley. It could be nothing, so I won't bother them.

My thoughts were just focused on Doctor Johnson coming back and telling me what's up so I can go back to my life.

Not that I had a lot going on. But, this headaches have been worrying me. Thankfully, the door opened and he walked in.

"Miss Halverson.." Doctor Johnson said to me as he walked towards me. He had a clipboard in his hand which I was sure had my results, obviously.

He had this white coat on with a stethoscope hanging on his neck.

"Finally!" I exclaim to him and he chuckles a little.

"So, I have the results with me." He pauses taking a deep breath. His face turns serious, his previous smile dead.

I can see the distress in his face like he is trying to figure out how to tell me something.

"Is everything okay, Doctor?" I ask. He has been my doctor for a long time and I trust him. All this years with him as my doctor, I never saw him this anxious with me.

"Well, no.. I don't know how to tell you this. (sighs shakily).. Miss Elsa, you have a brain tumor." He says carefully.

My eyes go wide as those words hit me like a stray ball. I try to process those words as I blink my eyes repeatedly.

"W-what?" I ask. Hoping I heard him wrong. Please tell me I heard him wrong.

"You have a brain tumor." He repeats.

"H-how.. How is that possible? My tumor was not in my brain the first time. And it was benign." My voice is shaky and those words come off as an accusation. As if I am accusing him of lying to me.

"Most malignant brain tumours are caused by a cancer that started somewhere else in the body and spread to the brain, through the bloodstream. And this is the case with yours."