chapter 58

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

"Alex.." Elsa said her name while smiling back at her. "Hi back!"

Alexandria Wedell pulled Elsa into her arms and hugged her tightly and affectionately.

"I'm so happy to see you!" She said. Alex was more happier seeing that face. It was like she could see her best friend again.

"I'm glad to see you too." Elsa said as they broke the hug. She couldn't wait to talk to her.

"Come... Let me get you something to drink. This will be on the house!" She winked at Elsa.

She then took her hand leading her to the bar. Elsa sat on the stool as Alex went behind the bar where she worked with a man.

The man was tall and well built. He had raven black hair that was long enough to touch his shoulders. He was a pretty good looking guy.

Alexandria stood in front of Elsa. She then took a bottle of Bourbon.

She poured it in a glass then pushed it to Elsa.

"Thanks!" Elsa said before taking a sip. Alex took two more orders from other customers before coming back to Elsa.

"Do you want another glass?" Elsa shook her head. "No thanks, I'm okay."

Elsa wasn't much of a drinker. She actually had very little tolerance to alcohol.

She knew this so she couldn't let herself get drunk. Not when she had to talk with Alexandria.

Alex looked at Elsa making a face every time she took a sip of that whiskey and chuckled.

"Gwen always described you as the purest of all souls."

Elsa looked at her confused. "Because I am not used to drinking?"

Alex chuckled, "Maybe that's one of the reasons.."

"So, how have you been?" Alex asked giving Elsa all her attention.

"I've been.... Coping." Elsa said painfully. The mention of Gwen still affected her so much.

The moment her twin died, something inside her died too.

Alex put her hand on top of Elsa 's, that was on the bar counter. "It will okay, Elsa. It will be."

There was a brief minutes of silence before Alex asked, "I didn't even ask if you came here to say hi to me, I just hijacked you. That was kinda assuming of me."

Elsa laughed. "It isn't though because I did come to see you. I really need to talk to you about something."

"Im all ears."

Elsa debated on what to ask first and something told her to first talk to her about Jeremy. She described everything that had happened. From when she met him and how he treated her, to him blackmailing her into marrying him.

"Wow! Did Jeremy lose his mind? Why did he force you to marry him?

"I never expected him to. I thought he would get with Victoria since they seem to love each other." Alex said deep in thought."

"Do you know why he could have done that? Or why they he was to be married to Gwen?"

If he loved Victoria, he should stay with her. How did Gwen get him forced to marry her?

"First thing I can tell you is, Gwen wanted to prevent Victoria from marrying Jeremy. She couldn't let her marry him. Ever!"

"Really?.. (Alex nods) And why is that?"

"Marrying Jeremy would have made the Rowlands untouchable. Gwen couldn't afford that. Not when..."

Alexandria stopped midway.

She wasn't sure if Gwen told Elsa this and if it was her place to say anything. Gwen said she was to wait until her sister was okay again.

Elsa looked at her confused. She wondered why she suddenly stopped talking. "When what?"

Alexandria gave her a serious look when she said,"Elsa.. Did Gwen tell you about her suspicion concerning your mother's death?"

The chapters are 500 to 600 words long so I can update daily.