chapter 82

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

With that thought, she started running towards the room as fast as she could. Only for someone to hold her arm and stop her from moving.

"Elsa Halverson!"

The familiar voice called for her. Elsa turned around and saw her the one holding her and calling her, was Jeremy.

The sight of him snapped her out of her trance.

And also, did he just call her Elsa?

"Jeremy, what are you doing here?" She asked remembering the doctor told her he came here.

"Since when do you work here?" He asked scanning the place.

Elsa took her arm back and tried to calm herself. "Since this week!." She didn't even know why she answered him at all.

"Since this week? And as a cleaner?" He asked looking at her bucket.

"I have to make money for paying my bills, Jeremy."

"Why here?" He asked not understanding why she would work at a mental institution.

Elsa looked at him not really interested in the conversation. She just wanted to know why he came here and what he wanted. But when he gave her a firm look, she answered.

"I didn't finish college, so... This is one of the few jobs I'm qualified for."

She answered looking down but she didn't regret it one bit.

"My shift is over. Let me put this stuff away."

Jeremy gave her a look she didn't understand before giving her a slight nod.

She walked out to the staff area leaving Jeremy in the hallway.

Jeremy had never been in a mental institution and was very bothered.

Even if she didn't finish college, why work her?

Elsa put the box in her bag. She put the doll too. Just as she was about to put the journal last, it slipped out of her hand and fell on the floor.

The pages flipped around when it landed stable on the floor. Elsa crouched down to pick it up but ended up stopping when she saw the words on the page.

I did call them angels, and they are. But that's not all they are. They are the lion cubs, too.

Yes, the lion cubs.

The pride's pride.

The pride of the lions. And that pride of lions would be so proud of their young cubs.

Elsa looked at those words in confusion.

This was the second time in this journal her mother called her and Gwen lion cubs.

What did that mean?

Elsa felt so weird reading those words. She didn't know what to think of them at all.
Under them, Jenna wrote.

'The angel hides the lion cub.'

How vague... How confusing... What did that mean? How can an angel hide a lion cub? That can't be literally, right?

Just then, her head started hurting. She felt her tumor attacking her with so much force she fell on her knees.

She winces in pain as a tear fell from her eye and landed on the journal. She immediately opened her bag and took out her painkillers. She swallowed them quickly.

'It's going to be fine Elsa. Just breathe.... It will pass.'

After some minutes, it did pass. Elsa put the journal on her bag and left the changing room.

She didn't find Jeremy at the reception. She decided to just leave without searching for him.

She went outside and only to find him leaning against his car, waiting... For her?

"Get in!" He ordered.