Chapter Seven

"By the looks of it I'm not the only one."

"We must stop meeting like this, princess." Daemion smiled gently but the darkness covered it.

By the gods, she looked ethereal under the moons light. His heart beating so fast that he feared that she might hear it.

"I wouldn't call our walk two nights ago meeting Daemion." Rhaena turned her head to watch the flying beasts. "I didn't recognize Modread, he... has changed."

Modread is no hatchling Rhaena thought to herself, despite its young age he was a large dragon. The scarlet and black dragon was a dashing beast, so it was its rider.

"He has." Daemion too turned his head to the flying, his face unreadable but she could see traces of... empathy? But if so, then why?

"Your father said that you were to get here by yesterdays nightfall, and yet you found and accompanied me to the gate of Dragonstone the night before your assumed arrival. How did you even know?!"

He had gotten to Dragonstone sooner than expected but yet he chose to remain hidden. Was it because he was embarrassed, or he did not wish to see her and her family sooner than he needed to? Or was it something else?

"Two possibilities. First, I was there to see you. Second, I was board. Guess which."

"Well I wouldn't be surprised if you were just board, since you have so much free time on your hands to not even enter your own home."

Daemion chuckled lightly.

Rhaena shook her head slowly "But be honest Daemion, how did you know it was me?"

"There's only one dragon in the seven kingdoms that can brighten up the black sky as if it's the moon." And her rider glows brighter than the moon itself Daemion thought to himself.

"Then would you say it was fortune that led you to my rescue, cousin?" Rhaena said as she slowly walked toward and stood next to Daemion.

"Didn't know you were a fortuneteller, princess."

"I have many talents my young prince, but one need not tools of deception to tell another's fortune." Rhaena said with her head high, looking in Daemion's eyes.

"A courtesy of many books you've read I assume?" "That's right!" Rhaena gently smiled "you do remember my love for the books father gave me, right?" And flowers, kittens and puppies your father had provided, Daemion thought to himself.

How could he ever forget?

Daemion offered the palm of his right hand
"Would you tell me my fortune?"

"Of course my young prince."

And she gently grabbed his hand and started studying his palm.

By gods, she had seen the hands of her brothers, they were rough, the proof of their training but Daemion hand, she had never seen nor felt a hand as rough as his, as if for the past twelve years he had study the blade with his very soul. At dinner, she had seen small scars on his wrist, scars made by a very sharp blade...

"And your judgment?" Daemion asked

"Your fate looks good."

"Care to elaborate?" Daemion asked with a smile

"It says you are persistent and headstrong, but no matter the hardships you experienced you stay true to your goal." She moved his thumb a little "And most importantly, there's nothing that will stand between you and what you desire. Your life is blessed." She gently let go of his hand "you have a fulfilling future Cousin."