Chapter Fifty

Visenya was seated upon the seat of King Aenys for his weka condition had led him bedridden. With his fool of a son, Aegon, gone on royal progress, all the matters of the realm had fallen upon the Dowager Queen and her son, the Hand of the King.

As Lord Alyn Stokeworth sat on his seat, he spoke. "May I speak of the news I bear, your grace?"

"What news, lord Alyn?" Visenya asked.

"The new lord of Storm's End, Lord Davos Baratheon's eldest son, Rogar Baratheon's wife has passed away. Davos Baratheon has acknowledged his worrisome for the continuation of his line." Lord Alyn Stokeworth spoke.

"Has the boy mistook the crown for a matchmaker?" Maegor spoke coldly. "He has four more sons to worry for and a dead father."

"The Lord Hand is correct, Lord Alyn." Dowager Queen Visenya spoke. "Inform Lord Davos that he must seek for a lady's hand on his own, but we will do him the courtesy of informing him of any newly widowed lady who is in need of a husband, if the widow ever chooses to wed again."

"Then I shall write him the letter of your wise approach." Lord Alyn spoke.

"Anything else?" Hand of the King, Prince Maegor asked the council.

"There are some news from the East." Lord Aethan Velaryon spoke. "Apparently There has been a transition of power in Yi-Ti. The all-mighty God-Emperor BuGai who had ruled Yi-Ti with an iron fist, has been killed and now Yi-Ti is in the hands of his younger sister, the outcasted Princess Amethyst, now the new God-Empress Amethyst."

"With all due respect, cousin, I fail to see the relevance of this news from Yi-Ti." Visenya spoke. But upon hearing 'Yi-Ti', Visenya noticed that Maegor's eyes and ears got sharp as he began to listen more carefully.

"I beg your forgiveness, I failed to put out the news of relevance." Lord Aethan apologized and spoke calmly and nodded at Lord Crispian Celtigar.

"It appears that now Empress Amethyst won the Golden Throne with the assistance of Prince Daemion." Lord Crispian spoke. "The Prince's dragon, Modread, made it certain that it was him. The scouts say that Modread is as large, if not larger than Meraxess now, slightly smaller than Vhagar."

Visenya's lips parted but she did not speak. Though she kept her face cool and calm, her heart flourished upon hearing that her boy was not only alive but a conqueror... just like her. The fruit of my bloodline... My beloved Daemion... Visenya thought to herself.

Visenya looked at Maegor slightly, and she could see that unlike her, Maegor was proudly holding his face up. It was rare for her son to not be broad in all the anger he hid away, but she could see the mere mention of his son's name brought a colder part of Maegor some warmth.

"Modread is the offspring of Balerion and Vhagar. He was always meant to become a large dragon. Age was not ineffective either." Visenya spoke as she fought off her smile. "Any other news?"

The council hesitated.

But Lord Alyn spoke once more. "I wish not to speak ill of the absence, but Grand Maester Gawen has been acting strangely since we received word that Ser Morgan Hightower with Warrior's Sons would arrive at the Red Keep to meet the King within half a day." Lord Alyn spoke slowly and hesitantly. "He also has been seen mysteriously speaking to Warrior's Sons forces in the Sept of Remembrance..."

Visenya wished she had Dark Sister with her... But right now she would resort to holding any sword just as long as she could cut the old man down... Perhaps she should once he returns to the Red Keep. Visenya only nodded. "Thank you for your information, Lord Alyn."

"Inform me once Ser Morgan and his men arrive at the Red Keep." Maegor spoke as he stood up. "You may leave, my lords. Mother." Maegor spoke and with that, the small council was dismissed.