Chapter Sixty

Daemion could feel his heart trembling in his chest as his eyes fell on the Golden City, which shined like gold in the dark of the night.

The blue moon had occurred... and it could not look any more beautiful. The bright and large moon, with the stars by its side. This must have been the largest blue moon Daemion had seen compared to other blue moons he had seen in the thirteen years he had spent in Yi-Ti.

The light which was the moon truly made Yi-Ti look like a bar of Gold amid darkness, making it look like what people believed it to be; A city of Gods.

He knew where she would be to watch the blue moon...

The place with the best view not only over the Golden City but to also see the sky like the sea...

The front of the great palace, thigh in the middle of the garden, where the moon of Yi-Ti shines the brightest... Especially tonight.

Upon reaching the Golden Palace, Daemion landed Modread atop of the wall, in the same manner of Alysanne when she had arrived at Yi-Ti.

Daemion landed Modread and jumped off Modread, placing Dark Sister on his waist.

As he began walking across the courtyard, making his way toward the front of the Great Palace, Daemion took a deep breath inside of his lungs as he placed his hand on the hilt of Dark Sister and squeezed so may his heart stop racing...

Which it did not.

Daemion made his way toward the Great Palace, near to the Golden Palace, where the seat of the monarch was...

As he crossed past the corner of the Golden Palace, his eyes fell on the front of the Great Palace... and there she was.

His Empress.

Goddess Empress Amethyst

She was standing by the stairs of the temple, with a crimson rose in her hands... Much like the one he had gifted her years ago when they were eighteen...

She wore a black dress combined with crimson red through her clothes, her dark hair loose, falling over her toned shoulders as her dark eyes looked upon the sky... At the blue moon, which shined brighter than ever... If all flames were to die right now, the moon itself could brighten up the whole of Yi-Ti by itself.

He could well remember it.

The last time they stood there he was eighteen and so was she... fourteen years ago. With the moon of Yi-Ti as their witness... Her long crimson dress took his breath away... As he wore the very black leather coat he wore even to this day...

That night had never vanished from Daemion's memory... Of how they danced in the heart of the Great Palace, as Jumong glared at them, of how the Empress Feng pressed her teeth together, of how BuGai softly smirked at the sight of his mother's angered face.

Daemion's legs stopped moving... His eyes could not leave the sight of her... He could not walk to her. His legs did not work.

He had looked at her many times.

He had looked at her with admiration. He had looked at her with sympathy, he had looked at her with worry and he had looked at her like a soldier would look at his Empress...

But now he looked at her with longing... and a pain he did not know was in his heart until that very moment that he was looking at Amethyst, not as an Empress, not as a warrior, not as a friend... But as someone who meant more to him than his heart ever allowed him to feel, or words ever let to carry...

Amethyst was a part of him... She had become a part of him for thirteen years, ever since the day he abandoned Rhaena's wedding and came to her rescue before she was killed...