Chapter Fifty-Seven

Two days had passed since he had crowned Jaehaerys with his own hands and had made his way toward Rhaena's chamber, and he had not left it ever since.

He could not bring himself to.

It took some time to convince dowager Queen Alyssa to leave Rhaena's side, to let her rest in ease, but Daemion himself could not leave her side until he could see Rhaena's pale lilac eyes himself.

Daemion calmly stood up from his seat for the past two days and grabbed Dark Sister, and walked to the window, and calmly looked outside of the window.

The city looked more peaceful than before. Perhaps Modread has struck fear into the hearts of people. Daemion thought to himself. Or perhaps it's the dragonpit that father built.

Suddenly a slender she-dragon flew past Red Keep toward Modread, who was flying slowly and calmly around Kingsladning. Her coloration was primarily pale blue, with silver markings, and she was larger than Daemion remembered her by, but there was no mistaking it, it was Dreadmfyre.

And Modread and Dreamfyre began to fly, not around the Kingslanding, but around one another, and after minutes of flying and dancing, the two dragons settled down outside of the city.

As the two dragons settled outside the city, Modread lifted his large head, and Dreamfyre rubbed her horns and head beneath Modread's neck as if the two were embracing.

Well, I be damned. Daemion thought to himself as he could not help but scoff in disbelief and chuckle to himself, his mouth closed. Modread, you big sneaky bastard.

After a while of looking at the two dragons sharing affection from afar, Daemion could see that Modread was not moving too much or excited like the times he would hunt a deer or a wild horse or before a battle, rather he was calm, as if he was no stranger to the affection he was receiving from Dreamfyre.

Before Daemion could study the two dragons and be drowned in his own thoughts, he heard as the chamber door was softly opened, so he turned to see who had entered the chamber without knocking or announcing themselves.

But as he turned around to look at the person's face he saw no one, but then he saw someone much smaller down there standing shyly.

A small girl.

She looked... Like an angel. She could not be more than ten or eleven years old, but her face was graceful and beautiful. Her long silver hair fell over her slender shoulders and green dress.

Daemion could not brush off the feeling that he had seen her face somewhere before... Or that why he felt as if he knew her.

She shyly looked at Daemion's chest and neck, not meeting Daemion's eyes, which Daemion could only guess that it was because of her shyness.

"Hello, little one." Daemion spoke as he softly and warmly smiled at the small girl.

She softly raised her head and met Daemion's eyes with her own deep violet, and softly and shyly spoke. "Hel... Hello."

Daemion could swear he had seen her face before now that he had seen the full of her face and purple eyes, or was it lilac eyes? Daemion wondered to himself.

The small girl shyly and softly turned her head toward and looked at Rhaena on the bed and looked at her worried, but she remained silent.

Daemion turned his head and looked at Rhaena, and the realization sank in.

"Oh... You're her daughter." Daemion spoke softly with a soft smile and walked toward the small girl. When Daemion reached the young girl, he sat on his knees.