Chapter Thirteen

"Your grace there is raven from Stepstones." Orys spoke.

"What does it say?" King Aegon asked as he wrote a letter. A letter with content unknown to Orys. Not that Orys cared.

" The fiery breath of black dragon sat flame on the monster of Magadan." Orys read from the letter.

"Does that supposed to mean something?" Aegon raised his head and met Orys's eyes in confusion. "Is Daemion so board in Stepstones that he has started writing bad poetry instead of fighting the war I assigned him to?"

"On the contrary. Daemion has defeated the monster who had replaced the giant of the trident whom Maegor had slain."

Aegon watched Orys in shock. This was is not how it was supposed to go.

Were you expecting anything else Aegon? Orys thought to himself. "And he has negotiated with the king, and by the looks of it, they have found some common ground, because the new king has declared his loyalty."

"What terms have they discussed??" Aegon asked sharply.

"It has not been mentioned in the letter. Perhaps prince Daemion wishes to elaborate on it when he returns."

"What?" Aegon asked slowly.

"Prince Daemion is on his way back to Kingslanding."

________________

"The Black Dragon?" Rhaena asked her younger brother with a hidden smile.

Viserys shook his head in disbelief "The raven from the Stepstones?? The war has been won?"

"Had you not heard?" Aegon the younger asked confused. The content of the letter had became published to the Red Keep.

"I heard of nothing of it! The only thing I had heard since this morning was strange whispers of people in the red keep, they said; The black dragon are the bear." Viserys said annoyed. "How should I have known cousin would leave the red keep a man and now is returning a dragon?! As if we had shortage of dragons."

"The battle with the monster surly is exaggerated. I've heard that the monster is a god. impossible to kill." Aegon said.

This imbecile Viserys thought to himself "I am the one who sparred with him brother and I surly can tell say that he is more than capable to do so!" Then Viserys turned to Rhaena.

She had been quite since she had heard the news... her face was washed with... relief?

"Sister?" Viserys called out to Rhaena.

"Yes, yes little brother?" Rhaena gathered her thoughts.

"You are terribly quiet Rhae." Viserys teased "Don't be too relieved sister. I just said he won the battle. Perhaps the monster ate that handsome face of his." Viserys laughed "perhaps he no longer has a face for you to get lost in."

"You have no h—" before she could finish her word, she and her brothers watched as the maids started running.

Aegon yelled at one of the maids; "What has happened?"

"Your grandfather's fleet has been seen your grace. Accompanied by Prince Daemion and his dragon."

________________

Rhaena, Aegon, Viserys, Jahaerys and Alysanne all stood next to their parents on the front of the crowed, close to the iron throne. Waiting.

The doors of throne room were opened. Daemion, with his ever beautiful loose raven hair with his black coat, alongside Aethan Velaryon, who still was wearing his armour, made their way to in front of the throne.