Chapter Twelve

This shit must end. Gawen Corbay thought to himself.

"It doesn't matter how much that dragon burns those low lives. They hide in their caves and still come outside of those caves like demons possessed." Lord Aethan Velaryon said disappointed "Those caves did not exist when prince Maegor and I came here. They must be newly carved."

"My lords?" A soldier approached them.

"What is it Ser Walder?" Lord Aethan asked.

"Any news of prince Daemion? Men are beginning to worry."

Gawen was worried too. Daemion had took Modread a week ago and none had seen him since.

Where the hell are you Daemion?

"Dragon returning!" A soldier yelled.

The men watched the sky as the scarlet black Dragon flying close and closer to the camp.

That boy has a lot to explain. Gawen thought angrily to himself.

________________

"Prince Daemion wishes to see you my lord Gawen." Ser Walder spoke from the entrance of tent.

"Thank you Walder, I will speak to the prince."

It has been half a day since he has returned and after all this time he summons me?? Gawen could not wrap his head around this. Daemion better explains his absence.

________________

Gawen walked inside of Daemion's tent.

"...And thus I clothe my naked villainy with old odd ends stolen forth from holy writ and seem a saint, when most I play the devil." Daemion read loud from the book he was holding in his hand.

"Where the hell have you been?!" Gawen asked sharply.

"Looking for a solution Gawen." Daemion answered. Turning his head.

"And did you find a solution or did you merely choose to put five months of our campaign in this shithole to wind of forgetting?!" Gawen asked sharper than before, hoping for a reaction out of Daemion, Mayhaps he will speak his "solution" under pressure.

But Gawen hopes were disappointed when Daemion smirked.

"Believe me Gawen. Soon this all will be over soon. Daemion smirked. "I must take my leave."

"Where to Daemion?!" Gawen asked confused. "You are leaving again?" Aethan walked in the tent unannounced.

Daemion remained quite, the smirk disappearing from his face. A frown shaping up on his face. "I have listened to your strategies for the past five moons, no longer. With all due respect to your achievements lord Aethan, it's no longer the age of King Sargoso Saan." Daemion voice became sharper with each word. "We will negotiate."

"But my prince-" Lord Aethan tried before Gawen cut him off.

"And how do you wish to do so?" Gawen asked suspiciously.

Daemion smirked "no need to worry." and hid his head under a black hood. "Send men around the shore, command them to catch anything they find floating on the water. Whether it's an arrow or dead body, anything."

"Where are you going?" Gawen asked.

"I will leave at night. If I am not back by the morning..." Daemion hummed. "You better stay away from Modread."

And with that he left the tent with his book closer on the table.

Much anger in him, just like his father.