Chapter Fifty-Eight

Rhaena softly opened her eyes to meet the ceiling of her cell in Oldtown... To suffer their beatings, insults and the silence of her own personal hell.

But her eyes met a similar ceiling, much like the ceiling of her chamber in Kingslanding. The white colour ceiling.

Rhaena softly turned her head to her right, and her eyes met the painting of dragons and Valyrins coupling on the wall...

She turned her head around... And her eyes met a figure and her breath was stuck in her lungs.

A dream for sure... What a sweet dream it is... Rhaena thought to herself as she looked at the phantom of a man in her dream so sweet to allow herself to fall for it.

There he was...

Daemion...

Her beautiful Daemion Targaryen...

He was sitting by her bed. His breathtakingly beautiful face was placed in his hand as his eyes were closed, as he was sleeping quietly...

Rhaena smiled softly to herself.

A sweet dream... She thought to herself, looking at this phantom, at this dream. it's enough for me. To see his beautiful face, his long raven hair and even his long black leather coat... It is enough.

What a lie

For every time she had dreamt of him, her Daemion in her dreams always reached for her hands and face but his touch had no warmth to it, for he was nothing but a phantom in her mind... A fragment of her Daemion... For the Daemion in her dreams was not her Daemion...

Just a dream... As he is one right now.

Rhaena came to her senses as she watched Daemion softly open his deep violet eyes and rub them with his fingers as his eyes calmly and slowly fell on her face...

"Daemion..." She whispered with a soft smile as she looked at this phantom.

But upon speaking and after mere seconds of his eyes meeting her lilac eyes, Daemion opened his beautiful deep violet eyes and looked at her with a tense look, as if he had just seen a mermaid.

"Rhaena?!" The phantom of Daemion spoke breathlessly as he rushed for her bed as she smiled sadly.

She did not wish for this dream to end... Not yet anyways... It was too sweet of a dream for her to let go of... This phantom resembled her Daemion so much, that it nearly pained her to accept that she needed to wake up from this dream.

But the phantom in front of her is still Daemion

"Rhaena?!!" Daemion repeated worried and reached for her hand... and as he grabbed her hand...

And Rhaena's blood froze in her veins. This phantom's touch had warmth... It had a pulse... and a beating heart...

She either had died after the guard's punches and kicks, or they had used a new dark art on her to torment her...

"Rhaena??!" The phantom, Daemion, repeated as he sat on the bed, but his body was toward her, as he held her hand.

Rhaena said nothing... No words... She did not even breathe.

Rhaena silently reached for Daemion's face... Tracking her finger along with Daemion's sharp features. His sharp and high cheekbones... His sharp nose... His heart-shaper lips... His sharp chin...She touched his sharp jawline, his forehead...

This... cannot be... She thought to herself.

Last she had seen her beloved he was nineteen... A beautiful young man, and now his face had matured into a beauty that had to be the wonder of its age... a man in his early thirties, and still the most breathtaking man she had ever seen...