Chapter Twenty-Two

It is her wedding day. A wedding for the history, but not one for her.

Rhaena looked at herself in the mirror. Small black circles around her eyes were the proof of her sleepless nights. Nights that she unwillingly allowed tears to roll down quietly. The sickness she felt during the night was of no help, no aid to help her sleep

For years she had wondered about and despised this day. She could perfectly remember the day she started resenting marriage; the day Larissa Velaryon, her once beloved Larissa, was suddenly recalled to Driftmark to be wed to the second son of the Evenstar of Tarth. It always breaks her heart to remember how inseparable they once were, but it was destroyed because of one damn betrothal...

But then he came along; Her Daemion... Her Black Dragon...

He came along and all she could was imagining waking up in his arms, as she ran her hand on his face, through his long raven hair...And Daemion calling her his, and she calling him hers.

She imagined to be his, wed by blood and fire. To feel as Daemion's blood run through her hand into her veins and her blood in his...

To bear their children. Rhaena had despised childbirth since her youth... but for her Daemion...

As Rhaena looked down at her desk, her eyes fell on the emerald necklace. Auntie Ceryse's necklace... Daemion's necklace.

She gently picked up and looked at it with tears forming in hes eyes. "Oh Daemion... my love..." Rhaena whispered as a tear rolled down her face.

Suddenly the sick feeling returned to her, as she felt her stomach turning. She tried to reach outside of the chamber but before she could she emptied her stomach on the floor.

"My princess are you fine?!" Lana came in worried. Rhaena didn't answer and slowly nodded her head.

Lana gently got on her knees next to Rhaena and placed the palm of her hand on Rhaena's forehead. "You do not appear to have a fever..." Lana spoke softly. "You have been eating far more than usual perhaps you have eaten something unusual? Or do you crave something?"

Rhanea gently wiped around her mouth with handkerchief. "Water." Rhanea asked softly.

Lana poured water for Rhaena and handed it to her. Rhaena gently drank the water, and while doing so, Rhaena noticed as Lana studied her face and body.

"You look exhausted princess..." Lana spoke softly. "Is something bothering you?"

Rhaena sighed softly. "The wedding has been quite stressful. And my sickness has been wearing me down."

Lana's face formed a surprised look. "Sickness? How long have you been feeling sick?"

"A little longer than a fortnight. It's merely a sickness surely." Rhaena spoke softly.

"But we have not witnessed any symptoms." Lana spoke softly.

Rhaena felt her world spinning around her once more, so she sat down on her bed. Her door was knocked.

Lana opened the door and after a brief exchange, she turned her head to Rhaena. "Ladies are here to attend to your hair princess."