Chapter Thirty-Four

Rhaena and Alysanne walked the hallways together, holding each other's hand.

Alysanne kept staring at Rhaena's swollen belly as they spoke. Rhaena was reaching for her ninth moon of carrying her child. At any given time, the child could rush into the world.

"Perhaps one day soon you and Jaehaerys would be matched for each other by our father." Rhaena softly smirked as she saw the sudden blush that covered her little sister. "After all, you both of are the age to be wedded."

"Well..." Alysanne softly turned red. "Perhaps... Jaehaerys and I..."

"Alysanne?" Rhaena spoke softly as she softly smiled. The closeness of her two siblings never had gone unnoticed by her. If there is anyone for you little sister... I would not be surprised if it's Jaehaerys. Rhaena thought to herself calmly.

"Have you thought of any names for the child?" Alysanne asked gently.

Rhaena smiled at her younger sister as she changed the subject.

"Aegon wishes to name his son Aerion. After our grandfather's father." Rhaena gently answered.

"What if it is a girl?" Alysanne asked as her face softly turned back to its natural fair colour, and curiosity took her over her blue eyes.

"Aegon truly believes with the weight I carry the child must be a boy." Rhaena spoke softly as she stroked Alysanne's hand gently. "He has not thought of any names for a girl. I believe he is leaving that to me."

"What of you?" Alysanne asked.

"I will choose my child's name when I lay my eyes on them, and choose a name that will become of them. No sooner." Rhaena answered as she gently stroked her thumb on her swollen belly.

Rhaena and Alysanne kept talking and walked across the Red Keep.

"—and uncle Maegor is never seen around the Red Keep expect for the council chamber from what I hear." Rhaena spoke calmly.

"Cousin Daemion's departure has weighted heavy on him by the way he acts." Alysanne spoke softly. "He's become colder even more distant than he was..."

"Daemio—" Rhaena tried to speak but she felt a pain in her belly, to which squeezed Alysanne's hard in pain. Following that, Rhaena suddenly felt something break, and following that, she felt a warm liquid between her legs.

"Sister?" Alysanne asked worried as she watched Rhaena leaning down, holding her belly.

Rhaena felt her belly begin to turn. She reached for between her legs to see if there was any trail of blood, only to discover it was water.

"It's the babe!" Alysanne spoke in mixture of concern and excitement.

Rhaena felt another move in her belly, to which she reached for her belly and held it. "I..I..." Rhaena could not find any words. "Find the maester!"

                                   __________

Minutes later, Rhaena was laid on the bed, with a pain she had never felt it alike.

Midwives standing around as they tried to listen to Grand Maester's instructions through Rhaena's screams of pain.

Lana walked around the room as she watched Rhaena worriedly, for She had seen something similar twenty years ago.

Rhaena had never felt more vulnerable. Hoping for a pair of hands to hold her through this... Her beloved's hands.

"Deep breaths Princess." Grand Maester Gawen calmly. "Take a deep breath and push."