Chapter Thirty-Six

"It has been six years since our whore of a sister has taken refuge in the mountain castle of Huli fort." Jumong spoke bitterly, as he looked the God-Emperor BuGai.

Emperor BuGai raised his face from reading the reports on his desk and looked at Jumong with his graceful face. "I have noticed. You have been saying that for the past six years." And with that BuGai began reading the report again.

"We must rid our land of that whore! Before she sends that dragon bastard to burn the city and with us in it!" Jumong spoke sharply as he looked at his brother in disbelief.

"Amethyst will not do such a thing." BuGai spoke calmly as he placed a paper and ink in front of himself. "Our sister may be hot tompered, but she is no fool. She knows if Golden City falls, Yi-Ti would turn its back on her for destroying one the few remaining memories of Empire of the Dawn. Other than that, her dear memories of the city will hold her hand to send Prince Daemion to burn this, or any city down.

"And you know that how?" Jumong spat in anger. Had I only been the one to wear the crown little brother... Jumong thought to himself.

"I do not." BuGai spoke calmly as he began writing on the blank paper in front of him. "It is a possibility of many possibilities that I have thought about, brother."

"You and your thoughts! You always regard yourself as high and mighty when you are nothing but a man!" Jumong spoke loudly as he looked at BuGai with burning anger.

BuGai slowly raised his head from the letter he was writing and looked at Jumong's eyes. Jumong opened his mouth to speak once more, but his burning anger were suffocated as he met the cold and sharp stare of BuGai.

Jumong felt as his jaw locked, and looked at BuGai's eyes wordlessly. His eyes much like their father's piercing eyes.

"Mind. your. voice." BuGai spoke calmly but coldly as he began writing again. "Raise your voice in my presence once more, and I promise you, dear brother, for the sake of our mother I will not kill you. But I will remind you why I wear the crown and not you."

You cunt! Jumong thought to himself and bowed. "Forgive me, your worshipness."

BuGai hummed, and resumed writing his letter.

Moments passed in silence as BuGai wrote the letter. As he finished the letter, BuGai broke the skin of his finger with a dagger and sealed the letter with his own blood. BuGai handed Jumong the letter.

Jumong looked at the letter as he grabbed it.

"Five thousand men. Take them and go to the mountain castle of Huli fort." BuGai spoke gracefully. "Take the castle back from our sister."

"At once, my emperor." Jumong bowed and turned to walk away.

"Do not fail me. Or else... Brother." BuGai spoke calmly but Jumong felt as the back of his neck forze.

___________________________________

Six and Twenty. Daemion thought to himself as poured more oil on Dark Sister's hilt and blade.

Daemion cleaned the hilt of Dark Sister with oil as he was sitting on the stairs of the castle entrance, enjoying the clear sky.

Three days had passed since the day he had turned six and twenty. Six years of gathering whatever men they could get and the 600 men that Obryn Dryland sent yearly from Stepstones.

The army grew larger every year... But yet it is not enough. Daemion thought to himself. If we wish to stay alive to tell the tale we need to be carful.

Zhea has been gone for a month. Travelled to Essos in hope of finding any man or woman willing to join Aemthyst's cause.

I hope Princess Deria Martell was wrong. Daemion thought to himself. I hope I live long enough to see thirty... for if she was right, I would only have four more years left. Daemion chuckled with his mouth closed.