Chapter Twenty

Modread roared.

Daemion landed Modread in front of the gates of the Red Keep and threw the the box that contained Rhaneys's remains down before climbing off Modread.

A kingsguard approached the raven prince. "It is good to see you my prince. Surely the negotiations wemt as you had—" Daemion coldly cut him off.

"Waste my time with nonsense again, and I'll hurt you." Daemion spoke slow and cold"Inform the king that I have something for our fmaily." Daemion continued coldly. "If I see more than one person necessary..."

Modread roared. And his roar shook the very foundation of the Red Keep. The kingsguard did not hear the rest of Black Dragons word, but it was not difficult to guess from the cold look on his face.

"As you command my prince." The kingsguard bowed and left.

Daemion grabbed the box by himself. The guards approached him to greet and carry the box for him. To which Dameion only ignored them and started walking.

Modread roared.

____________________

Viserys put his sword on the table after sparing with Aegon in the courtyard.

"You have gotten a little more sharper little brother." Aegon spoke. "been training?"

"I believe I must thank our cousin for it. For it was he that humbled me when he knocked me down with one hit from his swords hilt." Viserys spoke. "Has he sent any ravens in regard of the negotiations?"

"Not that I know of." Aegon answered as he put his sword on the table and brushed his hair away from his face with his hand.

"I wish I had gone with him." Viserys spoke softly. "I wanted to the Greenstone for myself."

"The Greenstone castle huh?" Aegon hummed as he looked at Viserys with disappointment. Aegon looked down. He did not wish to bring this matter up like this but what else could he do? "The words of your... unnatural behaviours are being whispered across the capital brother." Aegon spoke softly but yet strong. "You must stop this behaviour."

"I do not wish to speak of it." Viserys spoke sharply. "Why must I be ashamed of who takes me to bed?"

"I am your brother and your family. And as your family we care only what is in your heart, not whom your heart desires. But when your desire pose a threat to the rest of the family... it must be stop for the sake of everyone!" Aegon spoke soft but strongly. "I tell you this once, if those who oppose us hear of this..."

"Those who seek our houses destruction surely would have done something when they had heard of your betrothal to our sister." Viserys spoke with a softer tone. "Do you believe they care of my deeds?"

Aegon remained quiet and took a deep breath. "It is not as simple as that little brother. But I will not deny that you may be right."

Viserys slowly nodded his head. "Have you spoken with her since the announcement?" Viserys asked slow and softly, gently changing the subject.

"No I've not." Aegon shook his head slow. "It has been three days Aegon. Even the Vale probably knows of this announcement. But you've not spoken to her?" Viserys asked narrowing his eyes.

"She only speaks with Alysanne or she isolates herself in her chamber." Aegon spoke softly. "She barely visits her dragon."

The brothers remained silent. Whatever is troubling Rhanea has began to take a toll on her. Viserys thought to himself.

A monstrous roar was heard from the distance.

"What... what was that?" Viserys asked surprised. "I do not know." Aegon answered quietly.