Chapter Eleven

"What were you thinking?!" Maegor said harshly. Holding back the fury as best as he could as he broke in Daemion's chamber, and walked toward him, narrowing the distance between himself and his son.

"I must take the Stepstones father." Daemion tried to excuse himself.

"Because of what?" Maegor said harsher.

"I-"

"Don't lie to me boy!" Maegor snapped, raising his voice.

"Is it death that you seek??" Maegor asked with anger and sorrow.

"No more than you." Daemion threw back like a child.

"Then why?!" Maegor snapped "why??" Maegor asked low and with pain in his voice.

Daemion stayed silent. I've only ever wanted you to be proud of me... Daemion bitterly thought to himself. This is my chance to prove to you that I am worthy of being the hair to your legacy.

"I am trying to walk this path with you Daemion. I risked your life once when I sent you to Bone mountain and after that to Yi-Ti. I will NOT do it again."

I have pushed him away... now I have truly lost him. Maegor sorrowfully thought to himself.

Maegor meant what he said. Daemion was the only thing he had of Ceryse. He knew if the God-Emperor had not seen their reasons to find common ground, the prize would have been Daemion's head. His sons head.

Once upon a time, Daemion was merely his heir. A tool for him to strengthen his claim to the throne. But now... now he was his son. How can he allow Daemion to risk his life? Again?! How can he allow Aegon to send Daemion to his certain death??

"Do you truly have no faith in me father?" Daemion asked, by the look of it, wounded.

"Faith will not to be your shield in battle boy."

"You were seven and ten when you assisted lord Aethan on his first campaign against the last king of the narrow sea." Daemion looked him in the eyes. "You slew a king. Now allow me to do the same, father." Daemion reasoned "Allow me to show Dorne that their pawns are just as weak as their confidence in these pathetic alliances."

"And that you will my dear boy."

Visenya said, as she walked inside of the chamber.

"Why did you support his decision mother?? You know father suggested him to put him on the spot so he would have no choice but to accept his death in Stepstones!" Maegor said sharply.

"Exactly why I agreed with him Maegor, Aegon was undermining Daemion and by the extension, you, my son." Visenya said  "But in the path of bringing us down, he gave Daemion the ladder to climb ever higher."

Visenya turned her head to Daemion.

"Daemion, write a letter to your uncle Martyn Hightower. I'm sure that he will assist you in your campaign." Visenya suggested. "He will answer your calling, be sure about that."

"Even with his troops, what if I fail grandmother?" Daemion asked, deep within unsure. But Visenya could see right through him.

"Failing is not an option." Visenya said with a strong voice.

Visenya grabbed Daemion's hand.

"Now this is about you, your father and I, my grandson. You are the fruit of my blood, I look at you and I see a man that our house will not see it alike for generations." Visenya continued "Now it's up to you to show all those who have doubted you that you are not what they believed you to be. Time for you to show all those bastards what the true blood of the dragon looks like." Visenya continued.

The Dragon's LegacyOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara