Chapter Eighteen

It has been more than a week since her night with Daemion in the Bay of Ice. Since the morning that he told her that he loves her. She didn't say it in return, instead, she locked her arms around his neck once more and stood up on her toes to claim his lips with her own.

"Are you okay Rhaena?" Alysanne asked worried. "You look tired. Are you ill?"

Rhaena rubbed Alysanne's hand gently. "I am fine Alysanne. Need not to worry sweet girl."

Rhaena was fine in truth, but the morning was a bit troublesome for Rhaena. She had been more tired than usual and a bit more sickly, but she is sure that the fault lies with the cold weather of the bay. Nothing to be concerned about.

"Sweet sister, some days I feel as if I have two mothers." Rhaena said, chuckled and kissed Alysanne's cheek.

"My Princesses." A voice called. His voice.

Rhaena and Alyssane turned to meet the Raven Prince as he gently walk to them, wearing his long black coat and crimson outfit underneath and his loose raven hair. "My prince." Alyssane shyly blushed and softly spoke.

Daemion gently smiled at her shyness "Sweet Alyssane." Daemion spoke and then turned his eyes on Alyssane's elder sister. "I had wished to speak to you before I leave for Greenstone." Daemion said with a natural face as he looked at Rhaena.

"Of course my prince." Rhaena smiled and turned her head to Alyssane. "My sweet sister, find our Viserys and tell him that mother has asked for him."

Alyssane slowly nodded and with one last look at Daemion and Rhaena left them.

As they watched Alyssane leave, Rhaena turned her head to look at the smirking Daemion. Daemion grabbed her hand and led her to an empty hall, and pinned her to the wall and devoured her mouth.

Rhaena returned the kiss with just as much passion and locked her arms around his neck.

They gently and slowly broke their kiss, and robbed their noses to each other, lightly chuckling. "Come back to me soon..." Rhaena whispered.

"As long as you have that..." Daemion whispered as he gently pointed at his necklace , his mothers emerald necklace before him. "... I will always come back to you."

"And how would I know that you are not just making a false promise my young dragon?" Rhaena asked teasingly.

"How about if I make a promise to my wife?" Daemion smirked. Rhaena's heart skipped a beat. "What?"

"I wish to ask the king for your hand in marriage upon my return from the negotiation." Daemion softly spoke. "Will you be my wife Rhaena?"

Rhaena pulled him for a deep kiss. Being his wife and he as my husband... Rhaena thought to herself. "Yes. I Will." Rhaena spoke softly as her lips were still touching Daemion's lips.

Daemion laughed under his breath in disbelief. Daemion gently picked Rhaena up, and looked up to look her in the eyes. "I've waited for this... for nearly fourteen years..." Daemion soflty spoke.

And pulled Rhaean for another kiss. "A week... that's all that is left now. One week at Greenstoen, and I will ask for your hand."

"One week."

____________________

Durning the hours of sunset, Rhaena made her way to her chamber. Daemion had left with his old mentor, Gawen Corbay. His uncle, Martyn Hightower had taken the liberty to aid his nephew during the negotiations... even though Daemion had not written any letters to him.

Perhaps spending sometime with lord Hightower would finally make Daemion to accept him as his family... Rhaena thought to herself.

As Rhaena walked in the hall to her chamber someone called out for her gently. "Princess."