Chapter 1: Beaten to Death While Alive

In the country of Wusheng, by the Wei River, three figures stood facing each other.Two of the figures were seven feet tall, muscular and powerful, clearly experienced martial artists. In front of them stood a frail man, who appeared even weaker in the presence of the two strong men.

"Hand over this month's salary, you mongrel," one of the muscular men sneered at the weak man across from him.

"It's a waste to give the salary to a worthless person like you, who lacks spiritual veins. Hand it over now!" the other man scoffed."Impossible," the thin man replied stubbornly. He tightly held a jade bottle with three milky white spirit pills inside it.

Upon seeing the three spirit pills, a greedy glint appeared in the eyes of the two men. They only had a few steps left until they stood face to face with the weak man.

"Foolish Lin Mo and Lin Ye. You are nothing but servants from the outer branch of the Lin Clan. It's a capital offence for you to defy your superiors!" the weak man scolded.

Upon hearing these words, Lin Mo and Lin Ye were first stunned, but then burst into laughter.

"Chu Feng, do you really think you're the chief steward of the Lin Clan's outer branch? You, a useless person who can't cultivate, only hold that position because of the favor your deceased grandfather showed the Lin Family," Lin Mo laughed.

"If you hand over your monthly salary obediently, we might listen to you, but if you don't, don't blame us for taking it forcefully!" Lin Mo smirked.

By the Wei River, with no one around, no one would see whatever they did. Even if someone saw, who would dare to intervene and offend the Lin Clan?

"You mongrel! Hand over the three Quenching Bone Pills!" Lin Ye stepped closer and sneered."Otherwise, you'll suffer a lot of pain later.""Impossible!" Chu Feng's eyes showed a hint of despair, but his grip on the jade bottle did not waver.

These Quenching Bone Pills were his last hope for cultivation, how could he hand them over to these two men?

"You lowlife! It seems you really have no face!" Upon hearing Chu Feng's response, the expressions on Lin Mo and Lin Ye's faces turned grim. There was a hint of a sinister smile at the corners of their mouths.

"In that case, don't blame us for being impolite!" Lin Mo's face twisted into a vicious smile as he moved forward and tried to grab the jade bottle from Chu Feng's hand.

"Hand it over!"

Seeing Lin Mo's actions, Chu Feng's face changed. With his right hand clenched into a fist, he struck out with a punch towards Lin Mo.

"Lingfeng Fist!"A faint blue color appeared on the fist of Chu Feng, indicating the presence of spiritual power. In the country of Wusheng, all martial artists cultivated spiritual power. It was said that those who reached the peak of this cultivation could move mountains and fill seas.

However, the faint blue color on Chu Feng's punch was very weak, showing his spiritual power was insufficient.

Seeing Chu Feng's punch, Lin Mo's face was filled with mockery.
"Indeed, you're a waste. You can't even master a basic martial art like Lingfeng Fist. Let me show you what a real martial art is!"
With a sneer, Lin Mo's body suddenly became agile. He kicked forcefully towards ChuFeng's chest.

Qingfeng Kick!

Although Lin Mo was not proficient in this intermediate martial art from the Lin Clan's outer branch, it was still devastating for Chu Feng.
"Crash!"

Chu Feng's body was sent flying and fell to the ground. The jade bottle in his hand also fell to the ground.

"If only you knew. Why resist and suffer unnecessarily?" Lin Ye bent down, picked up the jade bottle, and chuckled.

"Chu, the chief steward, remember to give next month's salary directly to the two of us when you return, so you won't suffer any more pain in the future."

After saying that, Lin Mo and Lin Ye turned around and planned to leave, not even sparing a glance at Chu Feng lying on the ground."Give me back the Quenching Bone Pills!"

Chu Feng struggled to get up from the ground and immediately went after Lin Mo and Lin Ye. He clenched his fist and fiercely punched Lin Ye in the face.

This sudden punch caught Lin Mo and Lin Ye off guard. By the time Lin Ye was about to retaliated, the punch had already landed on his face, causing several of his front teeth to fall out. "Brat, you're asking for death!"

Spitting out blood, Lin Ye retaliated by throwing a punch at Chu Feng with fury. The force behind this punch was enough to send Chu Feng flying to the ground, rendering him unable to move.

"Lin Ye, this kid hasn't even reached the Tempering Bone Realm. I'm afraid this punch may have taken half his life," Lin Mo commented with a frown as he watched Chu Feng lying on the ground.

"We were only supposed to teach him a lesson, if we really kill him, that won't be good," Lin Ye replied.

Although Chu Feng's status in the Lin family was low, he was still the nominal steward of the Lin family's outer mansion. If Chu Feng were to die, it would be a big deal within the Lin family.

"I don't think so. This kid has been beaten many times before, he's tough," Lin Ye said uncertainly. He walked over and kicked Chu Feng, but he remained motionless on the ground.

Chu Feng's face started to turn pale. "He's not breathing..." Lin Ye crouched down and felt Chu Feng's body, confirming his lack of breath.

"What should we do?" Lin Ye nervously asked.

If it were known that Chu Feng was beaten to death by the two of them, both Lin Mo and Lin Ye would face death as well.

"Let's bury him! There is no one within a mile of this Wei River bank. While no one is watching, we can bury him and say he disappeared," Lin Mo suggested.

"There are plenty of people who want this brat dead. As long as it's not discovered, no one will investigate," added Lin Ye.

"Alright, let's do that," Lin Ye agreed. They had just reached Chu Fengmian's side and were about to lift his body when a white light suddenly descended from the sky.

Upon seeing the white light, both Lin Mo and Lin Ye shouted in panic and quickly ran away. "Could it be his ghost?" Lin Mo wondered. "Run! He's coming to seek revenge on us!"

Both of them turned pale and hurriedly fled.

However, they failed to notice that the white light had entered Chu Fengmian's body. Soon, his bruised face started to regain some color.