Chapter 18: Say "kill!" and kill!

"Elder Wu, you should go back first. The Life and Death Platform does not allow outsiders to interfere," Elder Zhi Fa calmly spoke from the side.

"The rules of the Life and Death Platform must not be broken," added Elder Zhi Fa.

Hearing Elder Zhi Fa's words, Elder Wu could only glance at Li Xing behind him before silently returning to the viewing platform.

Challenging the rules of the Life and Death Platform, even Elder Wu dared not do so. The Life and Death Platform had existed since the establishment of the Lin Clan, and its rules had remained unchanged for a thousand years. No one dared to challenge them, not even the Clan Master, let alone Elder Wu. He could only obediently return to the viewing platform.

"Chu Feng, if you spare Xing'er's life today, I promise you great wealth. How about that?" Elder Wu looked at Chu Feng and spoke up.

"But if you dare to kill Xing'er, I, Li Fu, guarantee that I will kill you without hesitation!" Li Fu's words contained a blatant threat that he no longer bothered to conceal.

"Is that so?"

Almost in the instant that Elder Wu finished speaking, Chu Feng's sword had already fallen.

Li Xing's throat was pierced by the sword.

"What!"

Elder Wu was almost like a pinpricked balloon, rushing to the Life and Death Platform in an instant. A surge of spiritual energy was injected into Li Xing's body, but this surge of spiritual energy seemed to sink into the deep sea without any response.

Dead.

Li Xing had already been killed under that one sword, devoid of any signs of life.

While examining Li Xing's body, Elder Wu suddenly looked up. A surge of spiritual energy suddenly condensed in his right palm, forming a fierce tiger that pounced towards Chu Feng.

"You bastard! I'll kill you!"

"Feng Meng!"

Almost simultaneously, another figure appeared suddenly in front of Chu Feng. This figure blocked Elder Wu's palm.

"Lin Yan, you old fool, how dare you oppose me!"

Pointing at Chu Feng in anger, Elder Wu shouted.

"This little bastard doesn't respect the Lin Clan's sense of kinship! He will kill my grandson next time! How can we let someone like him leave!"

"Get out of the way! Today, I will kill this brat and avenge my grandson!"

"Elder Wu, it was Li Xing who willingly challenged Chu Feng on the Life and Death Platform. Moreover, he was the one who made the first move to attack. Now that Li Xing has died in Chu Feng's hands, it's just karma," Chu Feng sneered as he looked at Elder Wu.

"This junior, how dare you speak to your seniors like this, especially to Elder Wu!" a fat old man in the viewing platform suddenly spoke up.

This fat old man was the fourth elder of the Lin Clan, who had some relationship with Elder Wu. Now, seeing Li Xing being killed, his face also turned extremely ugly.

"Although this is on the Life and Death Platform, you and Li Xing are both members of the Lin Clan. Killing a fellow clan member is always wrong! You should apologize to Elder Wu immediately! At the same time, labor in the mines for a year as punishment!" the fourth elder said.

Upon hearing the fourth elder's words, Chu Feng burst into laughter.

"Hahaha... Elder Si, although Chu Feng is younger, he is also the steward of the Lin Mansion's outer courtyard. The Lin Mansion and its outer and inner courtyards are of equal status. Just based on you, you don't have the qualification to command me, Chu Feng."

Chu Feng spoke nonchalantly, his eyes filled with a hint of mockery as he looked at the four elders. He was clearly mocking them.

"Furthermore, if Li Xing died on the Life and Death Platform, does that mean he must have let me, Chu Feng, die on the platform?"

Chu Feng casually remarked, not placing the four elders in his eyes at all.

This made the faces of the four elders tremble with anger.

As one of the four elders of the Lin Mansion, not to mention the entire Linwu City, almost no one dared to speak to them in such a manner. Everyone who saw them would be respectful and deferential.

Now, Chu Feng, a junior in their eyes and even regarded as a waste, dared to speak to them in this manner. Their layers of fat began to tremble with anger.

"Arrogant brat! Truly audacious! Disregarding authority! This Chu Feng massacred his fellow disciple. He is not worthy to be the steward of the Lin Mansion's outer courtyard."

The four elders angrily roared, turning to the middle-aged man who sat at the highest seat on the viewing platform, and respectfully spoke.

"Mansion Master, I request that you remove Chu Feng from his position as steward of the outer courtyard. A person with such a treacherous heart does not deserve to be the steward of our Lin Mansion's outer courtyard!"

"Yes, Mansion Master, dismiss this kid!"

The fifth elder also shouted angrily. He had lost his grandson, and now he couldn't kill Chu Feng and avenge Li Xing.

If Chu Feng really lost his position as steward of the Lin Mansion's outer courtyard, it would be as if they were a mass of dough, which could be manipulated as he desired.

"Mansion Master, Chu Feng's position was personally appointed by the previous Mansion Master."

The third elder anxiously interjected.

He had not expected that Chu Feng would truly not give any face to the fifth elder and kill Li Xing right in front of them.

But now, all he could do was speak up for Chu Feng on the side.

"The previous Mansion Master? For so many years, we have tolerated this waste enough! Must we really let this kid trample over our heads?"

The fifth elder shouted.

"Silence!"

At the time of the argument, the middle-aged man sitting at the highest position finally spoke.

With just one sentence, silence fell upon the scene.

Although the fourth and fifth elders were arrogant and domineering, they dared not cause any commotion in front of the Lin Mansion Master.

The Lin Mansion Master spoke coldly.

"The position of Chu Feng was personally appointed by the previous Mansion Master. The previous Mansion Master has shown great kindness to our Lin Mansion. The position of the steward of the outer courtyard belongs to him."

The Lin Mansion Master turned to Chu Feng.

"However, Chu Feng, you have gone too far. How about this? Apologize to the fifth elder, and this matter will be considered settled, alright?"

Apologizing would allow this matter to be resolved. Everyone present could tell that this was providing Chu Feng and the fifth elder with a way out. Even if Li Xing died on the Life and Death Platform, he was still a member of the Li family, the beloved grandson of the fifth elder.

By apologizing, at least this incident could temporarily be put to rest.