Chapter 19: The March of the Covenant

On the stands, silence fell as the crowd's gaze focused on Chu Feng, who stood on the life and death stage.

Everyone wanted to see if Chu Feng, who had been so arrogant and had disregarded the two elders, would apologize.

"Chu Feng, apologize for now, show some humility. It's not the time to conflict with Elder Wu. Your strength is still too weak."

Upon hearing the words of the Lin Family Patriarch, a hint of delight flashed across the face of the third elder, who hurriedly whispered into Chu Feng's ear.

By apologizing now, even if Elder Wu wanted to avenge Li Xing in the future, he would have no valid reason.

"Uncle Lin, there's no need to say anymore."

The third elder, seeing Chu Feng's cold expression, wanted to continue but was immediately cut off by Chu Feng.

Chu Feng lifted his head and looked towards the middle-aged man seated at the highest spot on the stands, speaking each word clearly.

"I won't apologize!"

These five words were like five bursts of thunder, resounding in everyone's hearts.

"Arrogant! He's truly arrogant!"

"He's not just being outrageous anymore! This kid is definitely insane! A mad dog!"

These thoughts ran through the minds of the crowd, but many members of the Lin Family bore a hint of admiration in their eyes as they looked at Chu Feng.

For so many years, it was unlikely that anyone had ever dared to defy the Lin Family Patriarch's orders since the founding of the Lin Family.

Chu Feng's response, even denying the Lin Family Patriarch's command, was a testament to his defiance.

"Chu Feng, you!"

The third elder became extremely anxious. He hadn't expected that with such a convenient way out in front of him, as long as Chu Feng took a step back, he could've avoided trouble.

But now, with this statement, Chu Feng had placed himself in a precarious position.

"Shut up!"

"Unworthy!"

"Patriarch, this kid is insolent. He dares to defy even your command. Such an insolent person cannot be allowed to stay!"

"Drive him out of the Lin Family!"

"No, cripple his cultivation! Make him a slave, send him to the Grey Ore Mine to dig!"

Simultaneously, countless voices emerged, not just from the fourth and fifth elders, but even the second elder and the law enforcement elder, all condemning Chu Feng.

Within the Lin Family, Chu Feng's presence was already a thorn in their side. Now, they seized this opportunity and each crazily clamored for his expulsion.

"At this point, there's no need for any pretenses from all of you."

Chu Feng looked at the roaring crowd, a cold smile playing at his lips.

"The position of the Lin Family's Outer House Steward belongs to the Chu Family. It has nothing to do with your Lin Family. If I want to leave, I'll naturally leave, and I don't need any of you to drive me away."

"Elder Wu, you wanted to avenge Li Xing, right? How about I give you a chance?"

Chu Feng turned his head and looked at Elder Wu, suddenly speaking.

"Three months later, how about you and I meet on the life and death stage?"

On the life and death stage!