Chapter 4: Phantom Body Technique

"Ouch, it seems a bit difficult to use the Shadow Phantom Technique with this body."In the room, Chu Feng was lying on the bed, feeling a numbing pain in his legs. He muttered to himself as he pressed down on them.

Chu Feng's current cultivation level was just at the first level of Bone Tempering Stage, which was considered quite low. In terms of strength, Cao Dahai surpassed Chu Feng. Chu Feng was only able to defeat Cao Dahai just now by using another power - his body technique.

The body technique he used was extremely rare in the Martial Victory Kingdom. Even in the large Lin Family, there was only one manual of Light Body Technique, which was ranked as a lower-grade Huang-level body technique.

This manual of Light Body Technique was considered important by the Lin Family and could only be practiced by exceptional disciples.

In his previous life, Chu Feng couldn't cultivate this technique, but he had read countless books on swordsmanship. The body technique he just used, the Heavenly-level Lower-grade body technique called Shadow Phantom Technique, was one he had learned before.

In the Martial Victory Kingdom, whether it was martial arts, pills, or body techniques and spells, they were categorized into four levels - Heaven, Earth, Profound, and Yellow. Within each level, they were further divided into top-grade, high-grade, middle-grade, and low-grade.

Even a lower-grade Huang-level technique was a dream for most ordinary martial practitioners. The Lin Family only had one middle-grade Xuan-level technique, which was considered the treasure of the family.

Chu Feng had seen countless martial arts, body techniques, and spells in his previous life. His memory was astonishing, capable of remembering everything he saw. However, in his previous life, Chu Feng didn't possess any spiritual power, so it was just a casual pastime. Now, with his rebirth, Chu Feng finally had the opportunity to put what he learned into practice.

"Although I defeated Cao Dahai with the Shadow Phantom Technique, I also suffered losses."

Chu Feng lowered his head and saw some bruises on his legs. These bruises were left behind by using the Shadow Phantom Technique.

Whether it was martial arts, body techniques, or spells, a strong body was needed. Forcibly activating them without enough strength would cause some damage to the body.

Although the Shadow Phantom Technique didn't rely too much on physical strength, Chu Feng's body was currently too weak. Forcibly activating it still came at a certain cost.

"As long as I reach the third level of the Bone Tempering Stage and activate the Shadow Phantom Technique again, I won't suffer any damage. By then, even if I face a fifth level Bone 

Tempering Stage martial practitioner, I should be able to defeat them."

Chu Feng muttered quietly while searching the room.Soon, Chu Feng found several jade bottles in a cabinet in the room.

Each bottle was filled with spirit pills.

These spirit pills were the size of longans, presenting a light blue color. As soon as they were opened, a fragrant spiritual energy wafted out.

"There are a total of thirty-five Bone Tempering Pills."

These Bone Tempering Pills were the lowest-level pills in the outer courtyard of the Lin Family. 

They were pills used by Bone Tempering Stage martial practitioners to cultivate and were effective for martial practitioners below the fifth level of Bone Tempering Stage.

These thirty-five Bone Tempering Pills were accumulated by Chu Feng over a year of time.

Chu Feng, who was the butler of the Outer Mansion on paper, actually received less than a tenth of his salary after being deducted by the people of the Outer Mansion. 

He had accumulated thirty-five Bone Tempering Pills, which was his limit, and he planned to refine these pills after reaching the Bone Tempering Realm. Unexpectedly, Chu Feng was killed before he could step into the Bone Tempering Realm.

Now that Chu Feng has been reborn, these Bone Tempering Pills finally have a purpose. Sitting cross-legged on the bed, Chu Feng closed his eyes and took out one of the pills, placing it in his mouth. The pill quickly melted upon entering Chu Feng's mouth, turning into a pure spiritual essence that dispersed within his body.

In his previous life, Chu Feng had no idea how many pills he had refined, not to mention these ordinary yellow-grade Bone Tempering Pills, he had even refined pills of the Earth and Heaven grade. In an instant, he had already gathered the spiritual essence of the Bone Tempering Pill together and merged it into his body.

For someone like Chu Feng, who had no experience in pill refinement, it was possible to only absorb fifty or even forty percent of the spiritual essence, with the rest dispersing. 

However, for Chu Feng, this small Bone Tempering Pill was enough to be completely refined in almost half a minute. Chu Feng could feel that his body was now slightly stronger and the pain in his leg had improved.

What surprised Chu Feng even more was that the second Spiritual Meridian in his body began to loosen due to the spiritual energy of the Bone Tempering Pill. If he could open the second Spiritual Meridian, Chu Feng's strength would experience a qualitative leap. Determined, Chu Feng picked up another Bone Tempering Pill and placed it in his mouth. 

After a few minutes, most of the pill had been refined, and a golden thread slowly condensed on Chu Feng's arm. If someone were to see Chu Feng at this moment, they would be shocked, as he was exhibiting the appearance of almost opening up a Spiritual Meridian. 

Opening a Spiritual Meridian required countless resources and the assistance of experts. For example, Lin Yunfeng, the top talent of the Lin Mansion, was born with five Spiritual Meridians. Later on, in order to further enhance his talent, the Lin Mansion spent a fortune to purchase two high-grade Earth Spirit Pills called Frost Pills. 

They also invited two experts at the Wind-Controlling Realm to help activate the Frost Pills, allowing Lin Yunfeng to open two Spiritual Meridians and possess seven Spiritual Meridians. 

However, the price paid was enough to make the Lin Mansion out of breath for a hundred years, which was why the entire Lin Mansion was now shrinking its resources. As for Chu Feng, with just a few Bone Tempering Pills, he was trying to open up his own Spiritual Meridians. 

This was unprecedented. "Just a little more!" Chu Feng roared in his mind. He could already feel that the second Spiritual Meridian was about to open, but it lacked a bit of spiritual energy. 

Chu Feng clenched his fist and directly put the remaining eight Bone Tempering Pills into his mouth. Instantly, the spiritual essence condensed and rushed towards the second Spiritual Meridian. 

The pain of shattering the meridian struck again, but Chu Feng's expression remained unchanged. He allowed countless beads of sweat to trickle down his face as he focused on the meridians in his body. "Boom!" Suddenly, a loud noise resounded in Chu Feng's mind. 

Following the noise, streams of pure spiritual energy surged out from Chu Feng's body, filling him with strength. At the same time, the second illuminated meridian appeared on Chu Feng's arm. Seeing this scene, a smile appeared on Chu Feng's lips. "The second meridian is open."