Chapter 7: Narrow Path of Enemies

In the Lin Mansion, strength is the prerequisite for determining one's status. Without strength, even though Chu Feng had the position of the chief steward of the Lin Mansion, none of the ordinary disciples paid any attention to him.

This time, when he displayed his strength, he truly gained identity and status.

And this time, no Lin Mansion disciple dared to block Chu Feng's way. They all voluntarily made way for him to enter.

"Take this month's salary."

The person distributing the salary in the Spirit Medicine Hall was just an ordinary disciple of the Lin Mansion.

When he saw Chu Feng come in, his face turned extremely panicked. After stuttering and hesitating for a long time in response to Chu Feng's inquiry, he finally spoke up.

"Chief Steward Chu, your salary for this month has been taken by someone else.""Taken?"

Chu Feng's eyes showed a hint of coldness.

In the Lin Mansion, there had never been a case of someone else taking someone's salary. Previously, Chu Feng's salary had been taken by others because of his lack of strength.

But this time, someone actually dared to take his salary.

"Chief Steward, it was my mistake..."

The disciple quickly lowered his head and admitted his guilt.

Originally, he did not consider Chu Feng to be anything more than an ordinary chief steward. 

When someone came to take Chu Feng's salary earlier, he naturally gave it to them. After all, Chu Feng had never pursued the matter before.

However, this time, Chu Feng had personally come.

When Chu Feng had just taught Lin Gou a lesson, this disciple had watched it happen and understood that the current Chu Feng was no longer the same as before.

He didn't want to end up like Lin Gou, with his limbs broken. So he obediently admitted his guilt.

"Speak, who took it?"

Chu Feng glanced at the disciple and spoke with a cold voice.

"It was Lin Mo and Lin Ye."

The disciple respectfully answered.

"As expected."

Hearing these two names, Chu Feng's eyes revealed a hint of killing intent.

The previous Chu Feng had been beaten to death by these two people. It seemed that this time, Chu Feng should seek justice.

"And bring me Lin Gou's salary."

Chu Feng looked at the disciple and said coldly.

"This..."

Hearing Chu Feng's words, the disciple felt a bit hesitant. But when he saw Chu Feng's icy gaze, he immediately took out a bottle of elixir without any hesitation and handed it to Chu Feng.

Lin Gou was now a useless person. Even if he wanted revenge, it would take several months. But if Chu Feng offended him now, he might end up like Lin Gou.

"This is Lin Gou's salary for this month."

"From now on, every month's salary should be delivered to me voluntarily. If there is the slightest shortage, you will end up like Lin Gou."

Chu Feng looked at the disciple and spoke in a cold tone.

"Yes, yes."

The disciple hurriedly nodded, and Chu Feng took the jade bottle and left the Spirit Medicine Hall.

It was not until Chu Feng left that the disciple finally relaxed.

"This Chu Feng, how did he become so powerful? No, I need to report to the deputy steward."The disciple muttered to himself a few times before he took off and left.

In the outer courtyard of the Lin family, in a spacious courtyard, two burly men sat in front of a stone table. Several jade bottles were placed in front of them.

Each bottle contained numerous spiritual pills.

"Lin Ye, how did Chu Feng return to the Lin family?" Lin Mo looked at Lin Ye in front of him, with a hint of confusion in his voice.

"Moreover, I heard that he has already condensed his spiritual veins and defeated Cao Dahai?"

"It seems this brat is still obedient. Otherwise, he wouldn't be alive." Lin Ye sneered.

"But even if he becomes a martial artist, he is still nothing more than a waste with spiritual veins. In a few days, let's send him some rewards and see if he is a man or a ghost."

"The rewards for this Chu Feng are truly astonishing. 100 Bone-tempering Pills and 10 Body-forging Pills per month." Lin Mo looked at the pills on the stone table, a greedy look appearing on his face.

Such rewards could sustain them for half a year.

"These rewards will be ours in the future. Giving them to that waste Chu Feng is such a waste. Speaking of which, we should really thank that waste, otherwise, how could our cultivation improve so quickly." Lin Ye laughed.

It was precisely because they fought over Chu Feng's rewards that they both broke through to the fifth level of the Bone-tempering Realm, becoming notable figures in the outer courtyard of the Lin family.

"Bang!"

Suddenly, a loud noise rang out from outside the courtyard as Lin Mo and Lin Ye hurriedly ran out. They saw that the wooden door of the courtyard had already been kicked open.

"Who's there?"

"That blind fool dares to be so presumptuous in front of us!" Lin Mo and Lin Ye both angrily shouted.

There were few people in the outer courtyard of the Lin family who dared to oppose them.

"Chu Feng?"

Seeing the person walking in from outside, Lin Mo's face revealed a hint of surprise, followed by a cold smile.

"Chu Feng, I didn't expect you to come back to the Lin family alive. Your life is really tough."Seeing Chu Feng, Lin Mo didn't mince his words and mocked him.

"We were just wondering if you are a man or a ghost. Didn't expect you to come here on your own."

"I heard you've already opened your spiritual veins and become a martial artist? But a waste is always a waste. In the Lin family, a waste with spiritual veins is nothing more than a slave." Lin Ye coldly spoke, disdain evident in his eyes.

In their eyes, even if Chu Feng successfully condensed his spiritual veins and became a martial artist, so what? Power couldn't be grown overnight. A newly-promoted martial artist was nothing compared to ants in their eyes.

Chu Feng didn't waste words, only speaking coldly.

"Hand over this month's rewards."

"Rewards?"

Hearing Chu Feng's words, both Lin Mo and Lin Ye burst into laughter.

"Chu Feng, it seems like you've gone crazy. How dare you come to us and demand rewards?"A mocking smile appeared on Lin Mo's face.

"We've already said it, your rewards are now ours. It seems you haven't been taught a lesson yet."

"Lin Mo, let me handle him!" Lin Ye stepped forward, his voice filled with menace.

"This kid broke several of my teeth last time. Today, I will shatter all of his teeth!"