Chapter 23: Ruthless and Cruel

"Phantom!"

Chu Feng's mind moved, once again activating the Phantom Body Technique.

Instantly, three figures simultaneously split apart, making it almost impossible to identify the true body amongst them.

"Incarnation of Illusion! This can only be achieved with a ground-level body technique! This kid cultivates a ground-level body technique! Capture him! Capture him, and I will reward generously!"

The young vice hall master behind exclaimed with even more greed evident in his eyes.

A ground-level body technique had never appeared even in the Martial Victory Academy. If one could obtain it, relying on this technique alone would be enough to stand at the pinnacle of the Martial Victory Kingdom.

"Quite troublesome."

Chu Feng sighed inwardly.

The three phantoms split apart, but the nine middle-aged men were grouped together in threes, almost without hesitation, chasing after all three phantoms.

With such coordination, it was almost impossible to escape.

Chu Feng was now trapped, and there was hardly any possibility of breaking through.

"Kid, hand over your body technique and sword arts, and I'll spare your life. This is your last chance."

The vice hall master sneered while looking at Chu Feng.

"Hand it over?"

Chu Feng's eyes turned cold.

Handing over his body technique and sword arts wouldn't resolve anything. No one wanted to let others obtain these techniques, especially since Chu Feng would most likely be reduced to a slave even if he didn't die in the end.

Since there was no way to escape, the only option was to fight, to fight until death.

"Kill!"

Chu Feng uttered a cold word.

He drew his sword, and the Dark Blue Sword appeared in Chu Feng's hand. The spiritual energy within him surged and burst forth, circulating within his body.

"Oh? Still just a Profound-level lightweight sword?"

The vice hall master's eyes flashed with a trace of ruthlessness.

"Kill this kid! Kill him, take his corpse to meet father, and then father can extract his soul!"

"Yes!"

The nine middle-aged men agreed in unison and rushed towards Chu Feng.

Every move they made was lethal.

These nine middle-aged men had likely killed countless warriors, and their every move was meant to be deadly.

Utilizing the Phantom Body Technique, Chu Feng continuously dodged their attacks.

"They are truly ruthless!"

Chu Feng looked at the vice hall master, killing intent surging in his eyes.

Extracting the soul was the cruelest method on the continent. After killing someone, their soul would be extracted to read their memories. Once someone underwent soul extraction, not only would they endure immense pain, they would also be unable to reincarnate. It was true death. 

This method was almost taboo. For the vice hall master to be so malicious at such a young age was horrifying.

"Boundless Sword Dance!"