Chapter 21: Hunting and Killing Monster Beasts

Chu Feng chose to come to this desolate mountain range for two reasons. First, he wanted to experience life and death battles, using each battle to break through himself. Second, he intended to take this opportunity to hone his swordsmanship and accumulate experience.

Although Chu Feng's sword intent was astonishing and his understanding of swordsmanship was extremely high, it was mostly theoretical. In his past life, Chu Feng didn't even have spiritual power, so how could he have any battle experience?

In these past ten days, Chu Feng's realm hadn't changed at all. However, in terms of strength, he had made significant progress. At least now, facing an eighth-level tempered bone stage beast, Chu Feng was easily able to defeat it. Even if it were a ninth-level tempered bone stage martial artist, they would still not be Chu Feng's match.

Chu Feng was confident that he could defeat a ninth-level tempered bone stage martial artist in just three moves.

"The eighth-level tempered bone stage beasts in this area are almost all killed. It seems I need to venture deeper."

Chu Feng surveyed his surroundings and then picked up his sword, continuing to walk towards the depths of the desolate land.

The closer he got to the depths of the desolate land, the stronger the beasts became. It was said that there were even beasts at the body forging stage and the sea of gods stage among them.

Encountering them would undoubtedly lead to death, but these powerful beasts were mostly in the deepest parts of the desolate land and unlikely to appear at the edges of the mountain range.

Chu Feng cautiously walked through the jungle, and with each step he took, there was no sound. This was the magic of the Shadow Dance technique. It was not only useful when activated, but even in everyday movements.

Chu Feng could now move through the jungle without making a single sound, relying on the magical aspects of the Shadow Dance technique.

This made it difficult for some high-level beasts to notice him.

"There are traces of beasts nearby."

Chu Feng gradually stopped his movements. He vaguely sensed the presence of beasts around him.

"The smell of blood."

Chu Feng sniffed the air.

Not far away, the smell of blood was coming from a huge six-meter-long rhinoceros corpse. Beside the massive rhinoceros corpse, there were more than ten red figures devouring it.

"Double-horned rhinoceros?"

Chu Feng was slightly surprised when he saw the rhinoceros corpse. This double-horned rhinoceros was a ninth-level tempered bone stage beast, and its brute strength was incredibly terrifying. Yet, it had been killed.

How could there be such terrifying beasts in the outskirts of the desolate land?

While Chu Feng was amazed, he focused his gaze on the ten-odd red figures.

These red figures were not very large, no more than two meters at most. They were covered in thick red fur, which was intimidating.

"Bloodthirsty Demon Wolves."

Chu Feng silently muttered to himself.

"No wonder this double-horned rhinoceros was killed."

Although the Bloodthirsty Demon Wolves were only eighth-level tempered bone stage beasts in terms of strength, they had a tendency to live in groups. A pack could have as few as a few members or as many as a dozen.