Chapter 15: Ascending the Platform of Life and Death

"No, I just came to remind Chu Feng," said Li Xing.

Li Xing's face changed dramatically, but soon his face calmed down, looking extremely solemn.

"Although Chu Feng has become a warrior, he still needs to be careful. In front of Lin Mansion, his strength is nothing but that of an ant. Only death awaits him if he tries to shake the tree like a small insect."

Chu Feng understood the meaning behind Li Xing's words.

Li Xing meant that although Chu Feng had become a warrior, his strength was still insignificant compared to Lin Mansion.

"Li Xing, you don't have to beat around the bush. I am well aware of the events over the years. Whether it's you or the people behind you, I will settle the scores one by one," Chu Feng said coldly.

Although Li Xing's status was not low, he would never dare to target Chu Feng without any reason. Behind Li Xing stood the formidable young master of Lin Mansion, who was the only one who would dare to truly target Chu Feng.

"Chu Feng, have you gone mad? With your insignificant role, do you dare to go against Young Master Lin?" Li Xing laughed loudly.

In Li Xing's view, Chu Feng's current position as the steward of Lin Mansion's outer court was all thanks to the favor Chu Feng's grandfather once showed to Lin Mansion. As for Chu Feng himself, Li Xing didn't even bother to pay attention to him.

Although Chu Feng had recovered his spiritual vein and become a warrior, Li Xing was indeed surprised. However, being a warrior meant nothing. An 18-year-old who had just reached the Bone Tempering Realm could not cause any significant waves.

"Chu Feng, I'm just reminding you. It's better for the steward of Lin Mansion to stay obediently here these days. Otherwise, if anything happens to you outside, it won't be good," Li Xing threatened, his eyes revealing a hint of killing intent.

Chu Feng saw through the intent to seek revenge in Li Xing's heart. As long as Chu Feng left Lin Mansion, Li Xing would retaliate without hesitation.

"Li Xing, do you really think you can match me?" Chu Feng looked at Li Xing with a playful expression.

"Chu Feng, what qualifications do you have to be so arrogant here?" Li Xing angrily said. He deeply resented Chu Feng, as it was Chu Feng who prevented him from becoming the steward of Lin Mansion's outer court.

Although he was considered the number one in the outer court, the title of assistant steward was like a thorn in Li Xing's hand, which he desperately wanted to remove.

Now, when he heard Chu Feng's words, Li Xing could no longer contain his anger and spoke out.

"If you have the ability, come and fight with me on the Life and Death Platform. Then we'll see who is the true number one in Lin Mansion's outer court!"

"The Life and Death Platform!"

"Li Xing actually wants Chu Feng to fight him on the Life and Death Platform!"

The noise coming from the courtyard attracted many disciples of Lin Mansion to come and watch.

Facing the steward and the assistant steward of Lin Mansion's outer court, both at the pinnacle of their strength, they were all curious to see who was truly the number one in Lin Mansion's outer court.

"Although Chu Feng has just defeated Li Mingyang, who is a Bone Tempering Realm cultivator, so what? Li Mingyang couldn't even withstand a single move from Li Xing."

"I don't think Chu Feng would accept the challenge."

"Under normal circumstances, Chu Feng would definitely refuse, but now... who knows?"

A Lin Mansion disciple laughed.

The recent changes in Chu Feng had caught everyone's attention. Chu Feng was no longer the same person he used to be.

"The Life and Death Platform, alright, I accept."

Chu Feng's eyes flickered, and he calmly said at the corner of his mouth, "What's next?"

This answer from Chu Feng caught Li Xing off guard, but soon his expression turned fierce.

"Good! Chu Feng, you are indeed arrogant! But once we step onto the life and death platform, I want to see how arrogant you can be! In one hour, we'll meet at the life and death platform!" Li Xing sneered and laughed as he walked out of the courtyard.

Being under the gaze of so many people, since Chu Feng said "What's next," there was no possibility of going back on his word.

Almost simultaneously, the news that Chu Feng and Li Xing were going to the life and death platform had spread throughout the Lin Mansion.

The life and death platform was located on the west side of the Lin Mansion's inner courtyard.

It was a copper platform that stood one hundred meters high, with countless iron spikes surrounding it. Once someone fell down, even a ninth-level Martial Artist in the Bone Tempering Realm would undoubtedly die.

Around this copper platform, there was a grandstand. In the past, this grandstand was almost deserted, but today, it was packed with people.

Not only were there disciples from the outer courtyard of the Lin Mansion, but even many disciples from the inner courtyard had come to the grandstand of the life and death platform, eagerly awaiting.

Chu Feng and Li Xing, these two names were well-known within the inner courtyard. Especially Li Xing, his strength was extraordinary and not below that of ordinary disciples in the inner courtyard. He had only been sent to the outer courtyard of the Lin Mansion for the position of the Grand Steward.

In reality, no one saw him as an outer courtyard disciple.

"Here comes Chu Feng."

As a figure approached from afar, sounds of discussion came from the grandstand.

"Has Chu Feng lost his mind recently? He actually dares to agree to Li Xing's challenge on the life and death platform."

"Hmph, maybe he thinks he has some power and doesn't know the immensity of heaven and earth."

"This Chu Feng is nothing but trash. He has brought shame to the Lin Mansion by occupying the position of the Grand Steward in the outer courtyard. It would be a good thing for the Lin Mansion if he dies today."