Hiphop Album

Sarang had always loved experimenting, especially when it came to music. She had already made hundreds of songs from different genres, and released songs from different genres too. But one particular genre that she hasn't released any song in is; Hiphop.

Which in the hindsight is a bit strange considering Bighit was initially planning on the hiphop concept for its artists, and they did do it with BTS. But Sarang always had a girl next door concept. It was only recently that she had slowly started to diversify her music and concepts.

Though Sarang wasn't a professional rapper nor has she been an underground one like Yoongi and Joon, but under their tutelage she had improved a lot. And Jhope had always been adamant on her learning street style and hiphop dance ever since she joined the company.

It was a big risk yes, but Sarang wanted her fans to see more sides of her. She wanted to show people her different personas. And there were so many things she wanted to say that wouldn't be as good if she did it ballad style. After much discussion it was decided that Sarang would release a hiphop inspired rap focused EP.

REFLECTION

Track #1:- Piano of Pain

Produced by:- Sarang
Composed by:- Sarang, EL CAPITXN

A soft hiphop song with jazz-centric number with a spotlight on relaxed vocals. It has a slow rap that perfectly matches the melancholic lyrics of spending days surrounded by people but coming back to a lonely home, of spending nights alone with no one to comfort oneself. In the mv Sarang could be seen playing a piano at the end of a tiring day, the soft melodies filling the otherwise empty space.

Track #2:- Look At Where I Am Now

Produced by:-Sarang
Composed by:- Sarang

A pop rock diss track with hardcore rap, dissing the haters and "sunbaes" who tried to bring her down using every possible method but ultimately failed. The chorus talks about how thanks to the support of fans and her talent Sarang got where she is. The mv featured Sarang as a feared assassin, who kills the mad king and takes the throne for herself. It was to signify Sarang emerging on top despite being sabotaged by the industry giants and her now taking the top spot.

Track #3:- Checkmate

Produced by:- Sarang, SUGA of BTS
Composed by:- Sarang, GHSTLOOP, RM

The song talks about how at the end of the Sarang ended up winning the proverbial game the industry and haters have been playing with her, Sarang intricately added references to chess in the song, using it as a tool to show that she emerged as the queen in the end. The sole survivor of the game.